Light for 20L

Roborep1

Thanks for this suggestion. I might go and pick up one of these tomorrow. Did you consider the Plus version of this before purchasing?

Finnex seems like a popular brand but no one seems to carry it around here and I don't like buying stuff online. Crazy, I know.

I had looked at the plus version, but wanted to make sure it was a quality light before the extra expenditure. In the future, i'll probably upgrade my other tanks lighting to the plus series. Being able to ramp up and down, and having more control of the colors for plant growth makes it really appealing in my mind.

I had looked at the plus version, but wanted to make sure it was a quality light before the extra expenditure. In the future, i'll probably upgrade my other tanks lighting to the plus series. Being able to ramp up and down, and having more control of the colors for plant growth makes it really appealing in my mind.

Thanks! Btw, what size tank are you using the Satellite LED on? I'm planning on using it on a 10g so I think it should be enough for me.

I have the USA Current Plus version on all my tanks - really like being able to use the remote to set up special lighting

Thanks! Btw, what size tank are you using the Satellite LED on? I'm planning on using it on a 10g so I think it should be enough for me.

I have it on a 10g currently for testing, it's lovely. Tank is nice and bright, plenty of light for my plants, and really brings out the colors in various shrimp.  

I like Satellite + because you can change the intensity of the lighting. That is a BIG help because if you buy a light that's too strong, you're going to get algae and there's not much u can do about it as to Satellite + where you can just press a few buttons and it's fixed.

I have the satellite plus on my low-tech 20L, and it is definitely not so bright, even at the highest full-spectrum setting. The only plants I see any algae on are the anubias leaves that are very high up in the tank, directly under the light. I do have a glass top - the light rests directly on the back half of the glass, so perhaps it would be brighter and more evenly-distributed without the glass. I have actually been considering supplementing the light with a stingray in front.

I bought have a stingray on mine with 3" risers.

r45t4m4n, could you describe or post pics of your 3 inch risers?  I'm also using a Stingray and have resorted to using window-screening to reduce lighting.  Would love to learn more about where you obtained risers or how you built them.  Thanks!

r45t4m4n, could you describe or post pics of your 3 inch risers?  I'm also using a Stingray and have resorted to using window-screening to reduce lighting.  Would love to learn more about where you obtained risers or how you built them.  Thanks!

You can go to a hardware store and get flat wood molding sold by the foot. Cut two lengths as wide as your top and screw the finnex clamps over it. 

You can go to a hardware store and get flat wood molding sold by the foot. Cut two lengths as wide as your top and screw the finnex clamps over it. 

This would work!

Bought a set of these from a guy on TPT. 

913DC195-DE7D-408B-8962-655099FFD94B.jpg

Seems plenty bright for any moss, buce and anubias. I guess it would depend on what plants you are keeping.

Can't seem to find off eBay. Everywhere it seems same price as stingray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk