Blue Neo ID help

I got these from a LFS as Blue Velvets but after looking at pics on the forums and google I am not sure if they are indeed Blue Velvets as I have seen much lighter shrimp labeled as Blue Velvet and I have seen other similar shrimp called Blue Phantoms or Blue Wizards. I have had some people ask me what type I have and I want to be able to give the correct answer.

IMG_9931bs_zpsnln5ana4.jpg

IMG_9967bs_zps6cly02r7.jpg

IMG_9923bs_zps5gjg5u3e.jpg

IMG_9960bs_zpsfrkx9te3.jpg

When I first got my original 12 from the LFS I split them into 2 groups of 6 in two different tanks. One tank has fairly consistently produced the nice, clean, deep blues like in the first pic with only a few being slightly lighter. The other group produces the darker blues with some having black (second pic) or a coppery color over the deep blue. I have also pulled out culls from that tank including very light blues, red rili (red, clear, red) light red rilis, full, jet black (started a new project with those) and lighter, greenish -black "skeleton". That group has some messy genes. I don't know exactly which colors came in which generation, sorry.

Also, thank you 35ppt.

I think you asked a very difficult question without realizing it.  There are many many different blues in the neo shrimp world.  While those don't look to be BV, the best you can do is to find a shrimp that looks like yours, do a test breeding and see if the offspring are similar.

BTW, great photos, as well, really helps 'describe' the colors. Sounds like quite a lot of variations.

Yeah I think the variation started because one of the original parents was a carbon rili variant. I only get the super different offspring from that tank although I think the blue with black is a product of this and I actually like that morph. Also, thank you. iPhone 6 with a harvested CD player laser lens :)

Just throwing this out there, but maybe they could be Blue Dreams or Sea Sky (C-Sky) Blues.

Sea Sky Blues (newer variation) are said to be a higher grade than Blue Dreams (produced after selective breeding many generations of Blue Velvets) and would breed more true to their color offspring.

So maybe if you get them to breed and see how the offspring turn out, maybe you can pin point them more.

Blue Wizards from what I have seen have darker areas.