My shrimp forest

very cool!

Nice, I love to have overgrown tanks, sometimes they are cool everytime you look you spot a new shrimp you havent seen lol. My cherry tank looks like there is only 10-15 in there but really there are close to 200 lol. Once you move the moss a little you see an explosion of color it is great!

what kind of crab do you have in there?

I see him maybe 1 or 2x a week- he only comes out at night.

I wouldn't say he's delicate at all- he's kind of territorial.

and angry. in a harmless, cute kind of way.

He has his hole in the driftwood and he never ventures far from it to forage.

The shrimp are too big and fast to be bothered by him (even the babies), the snails figure out pretty quick he's psychotic but they're 3x his size and mr. crabs is no match for them.

Just treat them like shrimp is my best advice.. ive never been able to find any solid info on them

Derek

Where did you get yours?

-Chris

I wouldn't say they are... they do seem to like there space.... if a shrimp gets too close ive seen the take like a defensive posture... claws in the air and try to look big and scary... but ive never seen a physical confrontation. . I had the in a tank with glowlight tetras and I did see one slap a tetras in the face but it was purely defensive. .. so my conclusion is aggressive no... brave yes lol

Derek

Yea I checked the ones out on Bob good price. Seems he has free shipping on them to. Might have to try a few would be interesting to watch.

-Chris

They are very fragile I had to take a my driftwood out to re do the moss on it and didnt realize one was hiding in a crack... he took like a 3 ft drop and died a few days later... I wanna do a species tank for them but to make it interesting I would halft to buy like $200 worth of crabs lol

Derek