What is a King Kong shrimp?

Faralon

What are they, and how did they get their name? Is it a pattern that designates it a BKK/RKK or can they have many? (most seem to have two stripes).

I totally don't get the King Kong reference, unless they like to climb to the top of driftwood with female shrimplets in their clutches??? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK is a TB shrimp that Taiwan breeders breed from tiger x crystal bee shrimp over time. 

No, KK (Taiwan Bee = TB) is mutation from Golden x CRS/CBS

TiBee = Tiger x Bee

Can you get golden with out cbs/crs x tiger?

I said  TB meaning tiger x bee cross from Taiwan breeder.

If you or I crossed a tiger and a bee it would be a tibee not a  TB.

Can you get golden with out cbs/crs x tiger?

I said  TB meaning tiger x bee cross.

If you or I crossed a tiger and a bee it would be a tibee not a  TB.

Golden is from pure CRS mutation, no tiger involved.

TB is Taiwan Bee, it's offpring of Golden crossbreed with CRS/CBS, no Tiger involved.

CRS and CBS are Bee shrimp.

I can't understand your second sentence and third sentence. 

James, this is actually a much argued topic . In a recent mag of B&K for instance, a breeder said that he believes TB are from an early cross of Tiger as well.

No, it's crystal clear that TB (KK) is from golden x CRS.

It was told by the creator of KK. I think I posted in FB earlier with video of interview of creator of KK.

Here is the video:

What ever other people says is not from the source, just their own opinion.

Which B&K do you refer to? I can double check.

TB= bee shrimp mutation. No tiger involved.

I thought is was a hybreed bee shrimp x tiger developed by Taiwan breeder.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

"Which B&K do you refer to? I can double check."

Sure.  It's B&K #1.  The article Shrimphony in Germany by the queen of crossbreeding Monika Pohler.  She refers to he possibility of TB actually being a cross:

"The sum of all my observations led me to the stringent belief that a Blue Tiger Shrimp has played a certain role in the creation of Shadow shrimp.  There are so many parallels in Tibee breeding, which cannot all be due to chance."

She goes on to say:

"Numerous breeding results have been published involving a crossbreed of Blue Tiger x Bee Shrimp have shown that as early as in the F2 generation offspring may crop up that resembles King Kong Shrimp."

also:

"Speaking of Snow White Shrimp- it is now almost common knowledge that this color variant originated between Tiger and Bee shrimp."

The article is a fascinating read, and I'd love for some people to experiment with these crosses to see what happens and post the results here.

While the creator of TB says it is a spontaneous mutation, explore with an open mind.

My big question:

If this theory is true.

Why people never saw golden throws back Tiger? 

Why pure TB never throws back Tiger? only golden occasionally.

Big difference when comparing a CBS and Taiwan Bee King Kong/Panda is that the Taiwan Bee has a black face while the CBS has a white face.

Big difference when comparing a CBS and Taiwan Bee King Kong/Panda is that the Taiwan Bee has a black face while the CBS has a white face.

Keep in mind that Taiwan Bee family includes BKK, Panda, Bluebolt, Wine Red and even Golden.

No other BKK-like shrimp can do.

Bryce,

Some Europe breeders use Tiger to create BKK-like shrimp.

It doesn't mean you have to use tiger to create the original BKK.

Do you follow me?

Yep. This basically boils down to the age old controversy if something looks like a phenotype, is it genetically the same.

BV is often used as an example of this discussion.

What is BV?

Another variant of the solid blue color shrimp. "Blue Velvet". Blue Velvet, Blue Dream, Blue Jelly, they all seem the same to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue neos is just the result of selective breeding, no mutation happened.

Even mutations require selective breeding.

You can't control mutation.

You have to keep big colony and all the mix you want and hope it happens some time.

after that once you collect enough specimen, you can start line breed for certain trait..

You can't control a mutation spontaneously appearing, however if you don't selectively breed that mutation, it may be lost once again.

A colony breeding does not always make more of a mutation. In fact, there are many times a single mutation occurs and you have to backcross to increase chances of it happening again, or risk it being diluted in the gene pool.

However we both agree what first appears to be a mutation often are recessives and modifiers lined up just right.