Aiming for TBs

Hello, I have a saddled Mischling who looks ready to berry up any day now. I would like to pair her up with a TB but I'm not sure if any of my males are old enough to make babies yet or not. She seems to be the first one reaching breeding age of my females. I'm not sure if I should use a breeder box to put her with my male TB (BKK) or let her roam and possibly have the eggs fertilized by another Mischling. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The breeder box with the male (hopefully breeding age) BKK would be best if TB are your aim. If not sure, let her roam as you still have a chance even with another mischling who may be breeding age.

Yeah I have tried to pair up shrimp before and actually caused the female to not get fertilized by messing around. I would rather have a female berry and have babies rather than chance no babies.

Mischling x mischling is bad idea.

Only do mischling x TB male.

otherwise, you ended up with regular CRS/CBS that can't separate from mischling

I did get some King Kongs from Joe's that look mature enough. I have them in a separate tank quarantining, I could maybe stick her in there? Params are the same. Oh, and his shrimp look totally healthy; I just quarantine anything new before introducing it to my existing tanks. So maybe just mover her over there?

I did get some King Kongs from Joe's that look mature enough. I have them in a separate tank quarantining, I could maybe stick her in there? Params are the same. Oh, and his shrimp look totally healthy; I just quarantine anything new before introducing it to my existing tanks. So maybe just mover her over there?

Should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I put her in with the TBs before I left for the weekend , I returned to her all berried up!!! [emoji38] so excited. I know its her first berry so its possible she could drop them, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Also, does egg color predict if they are TB or not? All the eggs appear to be a dark brown/black color.

Congrats!  I'll let the pro's chime in here on the berries.  The majority of mine (As seen in the video on my Journal) are a Golden/Amber in color.  Two of them have recently turned blueish, which I think is a sign of a different colored shrimp from the rest?