Blue Neo Interbreeding

Hey there! I'm pretty new to shrimping and this is my first post here, so please bear with me if this is a total newbie question:

Will Blue Diamond and Blue Dream neos produce wild type offspring if crossed? I'm starting a blue neo colony soon and am having trouble deciding between the two strains, as they are both lovely. If they can be housed together with mostly blue progeny, I'd like to go with both. But if they'll make mostly wild type shrimplets, I'll start with one and probably add another tank later for the other. I'm just hoping to slow down the possibly terminal case of MTS I've seemed to have developed...

Thanks a ton!

Aaaand I just realized I put this in the wrong subforum. Oops.

Are you over feeding to get so many MTS?

Multi Tank Syndrome, not Malaysian trumpet snails! I only have one lonely MTS of that variety. :3

I would not mix these two species, unless your in the mood to cull a good bit to preserve a blue that you see fit.

Which depends on if the seller identifies their shrimps according to those specs, or even knows.

That's the sketchy part...I have sapphire blue diamonds that were highly selected and bred for color for several years by a breeder from another forum. They mostly breed true and are gorgeous but I've been wanting to introduce new bloodlines.

Unfortunately, I've seen Blue Dreams and other high quality Blue Diamonds and they look identical. In addition, I can't trust that the sellers have them properly listed so I'm stuck. I'm thinking I may have to buy chocolates to cross back into my diamond line but I'm thinking it may cause me to go backwards a bit before they breed true again after the cross.

The other option I may try is to setup breeder boxes and buy some of each and cross them to my diamonds. But I agree, I wouldn't intentionally mix them without a plan or you may get bad results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice, all!

I'll probably be buying from Blue Crown Aquatics, and since their photos show very different strains I assume the names are accurate.