Stainless Intake...shrimplet safe?

I run some HOBs and canisters on my tanks and was frustrated with sponges clogging so I just got some stainless steel intakes. Looks well made but I'm wondering if these are truly shrimplet safe? The holes are small but I'm still worried that a newborn shrimp will get sucked in. Anyone have experience with these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Han sells stainless steel intake covers that are 100% shrimplet safe. He uses a mesh that is very fine and is safe for the smallest new born shrimps. My shrimp from newborns to adults constantly graze on the intake with no problems. Sponges clog and require way too much maintenance. 

ya.. I wouldn't trust Imported one. Before I started making hand made ones. I bought the imported ones and those let babies through or rusted

Mine are 100% safe and proven many many many times.

ya.. I wouldn't trust Imported one. Before I started making hand made ones. I bought the imported ones and those let babies through or rusted

Mine are 100% safe and proven many many many times.

Cool!! Handmade one. Do you have a picture to show?

Those China-made and Taiwan-made are really crap. :( Maybe I can buy from you next time.

no sharp edge on mine SD.

I fold the edges into each other so there no sharp edges/or gaps 

647a7867f2832458635acbe1be133a48.jpg

2367b5baf9b0b46f8071570529cc5a8b.jpg

Seen this on Facebook.

This is why you don't buy cheap imported ss filter guards :o That's not even SS mesh, it's aluminum window screen and tin cap's. # scary.