RODI Installed! New question

Its in and installed!!!!  I can make my own water but I still have questions.   First and foremost,  the "instructions" If you can call them that  ( I cant)  talk about temperature being most important and that RO units are to be run at 77 degrees...then there is some long "temperature correction chart"  I do not understand at all

Do I really have to make sure my water  is running at an exact temperature to purify the water??   I just figured  Id put it on cold full blast

post-451-0-33179100-1438436266_thumb.jpg

I didn't even know there was supposed to be an optimum temperature.  I know the pressure is definately important as folks may need a booster pump if the pressure is too low, but I've never heard anything about temp.  In the 3+ years I have had mine, I've never had an issue - I also tapped the cold water line.  Mine is a BRS system, and in trying to remember back to their install video, I can't even remember temp being discussed there either.

You get higher output at higher temp.

but I use 100 gallon per day unit, who cares it needs little more time to fill my storage tank.

I have auto shut off valve to stop when it's full.

What is your water bill like James?  LOL     Thats my big worry

No waste at all.

RO to waste ratio is about 1:2

But I use waste water for my angelfish tank, 

the waste from angelfish tank goes to back yard.

1 unit is about 700+ gallon.

so it won't cost lot for RO water.

I have around 200 gallon water for shrimp tanks.

I change 25% weekly, so I only need 50 gallon per week and 200 gallon for a month.

roughly I need 1 unit tap water per month.

but all these water goes to back yard, I can cut back sprinkle a little. and get all RO water for free.

I use cool water, as with my instructions state hot temperatures can ruin the membrane.

Its in and installed!!!!  I can make my own water but I still have questions.   First and foremost,  the "instructions" If you can call them that  ( I cant)  talk about temperature being most important and that RO units are to be run at 77 degrees...then there is some long "temperature correction chart"  I do not understand at all

Do I really have to make sure my water  is running at an exact temperature to purify the water??   I just figured  Id put it on cold full blast

Just make sure the water is neither too hot (above 86F) nor too cold (below 59F), then it is fine. Hot water will cause the trapped stuffs to dissolve and potentially slip through the membrane or damage it. In addition, it will damage the activated carbon and the membrane.

If the water is too cold, it reduces the adsorption capability of the activated carbon. End up you will have much dirtier water reaches the membrane and damage it.

Another tip is:

Use water softener.

I have one for the whole family.

and connect the RO/DI unit on the softened water. I didn't change the RO membrane for three plus years. still going strong.

My father was telling me that we have a full house filter system on the inlet pipe before the water even gets to the RO unit.  Will that help the filters last longer?