Shipping to Hawaii, any concerns?

JamesHe

Last I checked they were illegal, but I'm not sure atm. Checking the Web to see what up to date info I can find about it.

The Hawaiian government is very sensitive about the import of animals and plants.
Invasive species caused big problems for their ecosystem.
I read that some neos escaped or were released on some Hawaiian island and established colonies in the wild.
Many times the endemic native species are out competed by invasive species and the invasive species can have negative impacts on the ecosystem.
I personally think that aquatic animals showed be allowed.
I think that the buyer would be responsible if the import would be illegal, not the seller. But I am not 100% sure.

All animals going to Hawaii have to be quarantined. I'm from Hawaii and their very agesnt none native species. They have no rabies so dogs have to be quarantined for 9 months I believe. My parents just moved there and they had a red head macaw and everything they read up on wad it was very crule for the animals as well so they gave the bird to a friend.