Really dumb newbie questions.

Vpier

I have been reading on the forum about breeding and crossing and I'm a little confused, so here are my dumb questions.

1. Are CRS a Taiwan bee?

2.Are OEBT a color form of these tiger shrimp  http://www.alphaprobreeders.com/tiger-shrimp-qty-10/

3. Will OEBT cross with shrimps from question #1 and  neo's?

4. Are shrimps like pintos and pandas a cross between different shrimps?

Thanks

I'll see if I can add a little insight.

1. Are CRS a Taiwan bee?

No. They are Caridina, but not TB's. TBs come from a mutation of CRS/CBS genes.

2. Are OEBT a color form of "Normal or Super" tigers? I believe so yes. They are a product of selective breeding from the originals.

3. Will OEBT cross with shrimps from question 1 and neos? They will cross with CRS or any other caridina, but not with Neos.

4. Are shrimps like pintos and pandas a cross between different shrimps? Pintos are - They are a cross between Tibees(TigerXCRS ect.) and TB.

TB are not, they are a mutation of genes from CRS/CBS.

I hope others chime in with more knowledge, we have some great info sources around. I'm sure if incorrect others will bail me out. =)

I'll see if I can add a little insight.

1. Are CRS a Taiwan bee?

No. They are Caridina, but not TB's. TBs come from a mutation of CRS/CBS genes.

2. Are OEBT a color form of "Normal or Super" tigers? I believe so yes. They are a product of selective breeding from the originals.

3. Will OEBT cross with shrimps from question 1 and neos? They will cross with CRS or any other caridina, but not with Neos.

4. Are shrimps like pintos and pandas a cross between different shrimps? Pintos are - They are a cross between Tibees(TigerXCRS ect.) and TB.

TB are not, they are a mutation of genes from CRS/CBS.

I hope others chime in with more knowledge, we have some great info sources around. I'm sure if incorrect others will bail me out. =)

So if you cross a CRS with a CBS you will get TB's?  Now Im really confused, what is an example of a TB?

So if you cross a CRS with a CBS you will get TB's? Now Im really confused, what is an example of a TB?

If you cross CRS x CBS. You will get either CBS with red recessive gene. TB are wine reds, black king kongs, shadow pandas, panda, ruby red, blue bolts, red bolts, etc. Both are bee shrimps but different.

If you cross CRS x CBS. You will get either CBS with red recessive gene. TB are wine reds, black king kongs, shadow pandas, panda, ruby red, blue bolts, red bolts, etc. Both are bee shrimps but different.

I think Im starting to understand this, bee shrimps are not a different species of shrimp they are are cross.

1. Are CRS a Taiwan bee?

No.

2.Are OEBT a color form of these tiger shrimp  http://www.alphaprob...-shrimp-qty-10/

Lots of different tiger shrimp, OEBT is just one of it.

3. Will OEBT cross with shrimps from question #1 and  neo's?

Yes and No. OEBT can cross with CRS, not Neos.

4. Are shrimps like pintos and pandas a cross between different shrimps?

Panda is just Taiwan Bee. It's pure.

Pinto is result of Taiwan Bee x Tiger. but many many generations after.

I think Im starting to understand this, bee shrimps are not a different species of shrimp they are are cross.

Bee shrimp is refer to wild type of Caridina shrimp.

Bee shrimp -> CRS -> Taiwan Bee -> Pinto

So another question to follow up, since these are all interrelated (KK, Tigers, TB, CRS, Etc), are the water parameters essentially the same for all of them, or do we have to be careful to select say a different ph/gh for the different types of caridina? I understand that due to the genetic inbreeding some are more "difficult" or picky about fluctuations than others.

So another question to follow up, since these are all interrelated (KK, Tigers, TB, CRS, Etc), are the water parameters essentially the same for all of them, or do we have to be careful to select say a different ph/gh for the different types of caridina? I understand that due to the genetic inbreeding some are more "difficult" or picky about fluctuations than others.

Tigers are more like neos which can do fine in harder water but can adapt to softer water but bee shrimps are best kept in soft water