Miracle shrimp.

SOO. 2 Years later.. I finally tested my parameters of my TB tank..Because I've been noticing 1 weekly death after a molt.

TDS 420 <!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Ammonia.. 0

Nitrate 10ppm

Nitrite .5ppm

PH. over 7.6 (Api test kit) will test with my electronic one after i calibrate

Temp 23.6 c

Can't find my gh and kh test kit

So I have well over 100 TBs in my tank. I started with 10. 

I top off with RO water probably once a month.. 

Started feeding them with mk breed products daily.

I dose 5 drops of shikura ca+ everytime i top off.

How do I lower TDS safely?

That pH is very high.

How often do you do water changes?

Start doing water changes every week or biweekly with RO water+remineralizer.

I don't do water changes lol. Only probably top off with 1 gallon of RO water once a month. Do you have any recommendations for a remineralizer? 

I don't do water changes lol. Only probably top off with 1 gallon of RO water once a month. Do you have any recommendations for a remineralizer? 

SS GH+ or ShrimpyDaddy Revive Bianco

You need to do water changes to bring TDS down.

http://www.shrimpydaddy.com/products/revive-bianco-alfa-beta

Only need Alfa and Beta

http://www.theshrimptank.com/water-conditioners/salty-shrimp-bee-shrimp-gh/

little chemistry here, 

everytime water evaporate, disolved solids are left in the tank. so everytime, u put more water with GH+, u are adding TDS. so when doing water change, do it with RODI water. and also don't add anything when you top off your water, the only time you add GH+ or sth is that when u do water change. 

Wow TDS is high! I do 15% water changes about every 10 days or so on my prl tank.

Also shrimps are sensitive to nitrite, but it seems weird you would have any with a two year old tank. Maybe double check that test because that could kill them too.

I use salty shrimp, the only thing I don't like about it is that some of the partials don't dissolve and stick to the bottom of the bucket so I have to swirl my finger on the bottom of my mixing bucket to get it all floating around and added to the main tank.

Wow TDS is high! I do 15% water changes about every 10 days or so on my prl tank.

Also shrimps are sensitive to nitrite, but it seems weird you would have any with a two year old tank. Maybe double check that test because that could kill them too.

I use salty shrimp, the only thing I don't like about it is that some of the partials don't dissolve and stick to the bottom of the bucket so I have to swirl my finger on the bottom of my mixing bucket to get it all floating around and added to the main tank.

Heh i think my tank is about to hit 4 years in 2016. Im surprised everything lived so long.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

DIY magnetic stirrer? cost about $15-$20

It works great and I use it every time I need to mix something that requires dissolving.

DIY magnetic stirrer? cost about $15-$20

It works great and I use it every time I need to mix something that requires dissolving.

Have you guys thought about buying those 1 gallon crystal bottles and just shake it up like crazy after adding the powder?

Have you guys thought about buying those 1 gallon crystal bottles and just shake it up like crazy after adding the powder?

That's too much work.

I use my DIY Magnetic Stirrer for mixing ferts for my planted tanks. Takes about 10-15 minutes of stirring to dissolve all the dry ferts.

I also use it for SS GH/KH and SS GH as it's super fast.

That's too much work.

I use my DIY Magnetic Stirrer for mixing ferts for my planted tanks. Takes about 10-15 minutes of stirring to dissolve all the dry ferts.

I also use it for SS GH/KH and SS GH as it's super fast.

Oh wow. That'll actually be a lot of work then lol. Do the mineralizers take a while to mix?

Heres a few pictures of my shrimp i snapped with my phone.

This one has blue front end and green backend...

3befd45b0ae3d4a2e976829bff84b2c6.jpg

Is this a red bolt?

8a0fdf7670bea2204452d38e01675caf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk