Best food for Neos

Docock

Not sure what the best is but my neos love borneowild grow, shrimp nature werwa and Hans fruit mix. Hans sells Borneowild samples and he ser me a few samples of his different foods free a while ago.

I would have to start out by saying there is not a "Best Food" for any shrimp. I think most of us as hobbyists attempt to find natural/organic foods that our shrimp seem to love and enjoy. Alot of times it is important for the company to provide us as consumers a list of ingredients, this way we know what exactly our shrimp are ingesting. This is important as we don't want to provide our precious shrimp with by-products, ash, or just ingredients we have no clue what they are.

Ultimately it will come down to what your shrimp love. I do recommend leaf litter for all shrimp tanks, to include IAL, Guava, Oak, Papaya, Walnut, and many more. Leaf litter provides our shrimp several beneficial properties like anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. At the same time micro-organisms are breaking down the leaves which the shrimp will feed on, aka Biofilm. 

When I kept Neos, I used the CSF Brand and EBITA Breed. Both were fantastic in my opinion!

I tried some Borneowild Grow and some Jake's homemade veggie food and both leave a oil film on the water. They like both as well as Hikari Crab Cuisine, but Crab Cusine has too much protein and leaves no oil film.

I think I'm going to try just IAL and Oak leaves for a while and see how that goes.

I will try omniapro I think, is it also a good source of calcium? I have indian almond leaves as well. So I will break some of those up for the little guys. They are blue dream neos, anything needed to maintain their color? 

Thanks everyone

anything that has spinach will have calcium.  ;)

blue dreams are not "true" blue.

it's in the DNA.

the foods may darken the color,but it's not going to change it.

Shrimp king - cheap and shrimps love it

complete and pea/leaf loops.

they don't seam to care for the others.

CSF OmniaPro is one of the best foods for all shrimp.

Most complete foods contain too much protein and can cause problems. OmniaPro has just 16.9%

CSF has different foods, which ones do you use and do they hold well or fall apart easy?

Where do you find CSF products?