UGH The Coepods!

They are invading! Seriously how fast do they reproduce? This is getting crazy. Water changes seem to make them breed more and I feed my shrimp maybe once a week and vacuum out any excess...nothing is suffering but man, I cant look at my tank without seeing thousands of little jittery buggers flitting about here and there. Will something eat them and leave the shrimp alone? Even just to add for a day or two as needed?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Mine went away when I switched to RODI. Well they are there but barely any. I had a piece of driftwood in there and they would all be on that in the morning so I'd take it out and rinse it off. I did that over and over. So I think it was the combination of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my RODI system off amazon it's the aqua life buddy and it works great so far. My shrimp have become more active and they seem happier since I changed to it. I also use the salty shrimp gh/kh to remineralize it.

Mine went away when I switched to RODI. Well they are there but barely any. I had a piece of driftwood in there and they would all be on that in the morning so I'd take it out and rinse it off. I did that over and over. So I think it was the combination of both.

They live IN the wood and like termites when you take the wood out which you saw .

Fish LOVE them .

Either way surprised your RO/DI worked because copeds thrive and suffer in same conditions as shrimp .

I would love to share my findings with you but unfortunately my tank is going through what appears to be a mini cycle, nitrites have been spiking for the last 4 days. I've been doing daily water changes with Prime until it settles back down and will not be subjecting my dear little Cory's to the fluctuations! Not sure what happened but I suspect it has something to do with this fluval filter system that I've4 been moaning about ever since I bought the tank. Ill keep you updated!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Chloramines are made up of ammonia and chlorine so that would be a good guess on your part.  Sometimes they do zap the system with more if there is a problem.  For your mini cycle fritz zyme 7 will put a stop to it immediately.