TB x Pinto

Ok! So I've been seeing a lot of tanks having TB x Pinto.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but pinto is from crs x tiger = pinto?

Wouldn't pinto x tb make a ton of random mischlings?

From the pictures I've seen no one has any mischlings in their tanks!

I'd love to have tb x pinto in one tank. I would be worried of all the random

Mischlings messing up all the genes of my TB

My tb breeds true, have not seen one miscalling ever since I've had them.

What is a Tibee?

A tibee is a hybrid between any Tiger (OEBT - orange eye blue tiger or also blonde tiger) - and usually a Taiwan Bee (TB)

OR

can also be hybrid between any Tiger and Crystals - CBS (Crystal Black Shrimp) and CRS (Crystal Red Shrimp).

The preference is to cross with a Taiwan Bee. Since TBs are rarer and more expensive, you might not have enough TBs to breed. Using a Tiger as a partner to the Taiwan Bee, will ensure some genes are carried over when you cross the Tibee back with the Taiwan Bee parent. It's offspring could yield some Taiwan Bees.

Crystals are more common. So a Tibee from TigerXCrystal is not as sought after. But nature can throw up some amazing colours from this hybrid too. I am working on a TigerXCRS myself to try to get some Red Tiger tibees.

What is a TaiTibee?

A Taitibee is a Tibee crossed back to a Taiwan Bee.

What is a Pinto?

A Pinto is a colour variation and type of Taitibee.

There are multiple variants of patterns:

• Spotted Head
  • Zebra
  • Fancy (Things like Fishbone, Skunk, and other new patterns been worked on now)

So, in general, are most people keeping their pintos with other TB or are you separating them? If you sell offspring from a mixed TB and pinto population, are you letting the buyers know that there could be pinto genes mixed in? As I understand it, once you have pinto genes mixed in, they could throw a random pinto even many generations later.

Sweet, thank you all for the information. I understand now :)

So, in general, are most people keeping their pintos with other TB or are you separating them? If you sell offspring from a mixed TB and pinto population, are you letting the buyers know that there could be pinto genes mixed in? As I understand it, once you have pinto genes mixed in, they could throw a random pinto even many generations later.

No sure if this is directed towards me, but I have them with a few TBs but not with my big colony.  Waiting for 3 more tanks to arrive so I can start being more selective :) 

Sorry, airriick, that wasn't really directed towards you. It was just a general question. Some purists feel that pinto genes are an unwanted trait in TB lines, as they are then no longer pure lines. I have decided that I am mixing my TB with the pintos, I just was wondering how others felt about it.

All depends on what your end goal is. For instance even with Taiwan Bees several people including myself like to separate the lines, instead of mixing them all together. Pintos are no different, some people love the mixture and different patterns, whereas some like to separate tanks to pinto projects and cull all unwanted patterns.