Adding prls to current stock

Lyana

So I'm sure we've all seen the higher grade prls and wanted them lol.

But would it be stupid to buy a few say $40 a piece shrimps to add to my tank that's currently dreamer yoyo and Ellen Wang e3 shrimp?

Would it help improve my line or would the babies be lower grade?

Honestly I wouldn't recommend it. If you are spending $40 a PRL either setup a tank with just them, and cull their offspring, or sell all of your current stock and buy a large higher grade colony. When you mix high grades with alot of lower grades, your offspring will be diluted.

Like DET already mentioned, don’t bother mixing X grade PRL with lesser X grade PRL. Breeders takes years to perfect the look and the lineage of their shrimps. This can be undone with a single lesser shrimp mixing it’s inferior genetics. I’m speaking from experience, it’s not advisable to mix your $40 PRL with something lesser. It’s almost always better to just start a new tank for the new shrimps, selloff existing colony and upgrade, or work with your existing colony and improve upon it.

A fun thing you CAN do is individualize your tanks for specific lineages and once the individual colony grows, you can cull males (those not on par with the best tank, but still better than your lesser tank) and have the lesser tank piggyback the cull males genetics.

Really up to you, but that's what you can do. It's what I'm doing. [emoji41]

• 3 weeks later...