Breeding my CRS

edishrimp

Hi guys, need some help regarding my CRS. I've had them for almost a month and I don't seem to see any saddles on my shrimp. Are they all too young or did I somehow manage to buy a whole bunch of male shrimp?! Should I just wait or are my water parameters off?

Appreciate the help 

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

I don't have crs but have noticed that my tigers mature much more slowly than neos. Others may be able to help more and you might want to post pictures but my first thought is to give them another couple of months. Not only do you have rates of maturation, but some people experience less breeding in the winter.

I agree with wygglz, I've gotten my first CRS and OEBT a few months ago and they grow slower than neos. One CRS finally got berried after two-three months and my OEBT are still waiting, one just showed a saddle a few days ago. Also maybe its just me but it seems harder to see the saddles on the CRS. I sex them buy the curve of their belly.

I'm sure the rate of growth depends on several factors .. blood line, size and tank setup, water params, variety/quality of food and so on. As mentioned in a recent post I was quite astonished at the growth of my Tbs, as they seemed twice as quick as the various neos I have bred. I almost did a double take when I returned from being away for a week as they had doubled their size !  The first red panda young was berried by 12 weeks.. again quicker than my experiences with neos. Compared to the neos I found there was more discrepancy with the growth of the various TBs within the same batch, the pandas were far quicker than the BKK and the Ruby Reds were somewhere in between.

My high grade CRS took three months or longer for the first to be berried so I was loosing patience, while my Tbs and OET only took a couple of weeks.   Of course the neos almost get berried in the bag !  :)

I don't have crs but have noticed that my tigers mature much more slowly than neos. Others may be able to help more and you might want to post pictures but my first thought is to give them another couple of months. Not only do you have rates of maturation, but some people experience less breeding in the winter.

Thanks for the reply! And yeah I kinda noticed that too. My neos grow and mature really quickly. I'll probably have less issues trying to sex the shrimp once they've fully matured

I'm sure the rate of growth depends on several factors .. blood line, size and tank setup, water params, variety/quality of food and so on. As mentioned in a recent post I was quite astonished at the growth of my Tbs, as they seemed twice as quick as the various neos I have bred. I almost did a double take when I returned from being away for a week as they had doubled their size ! The first red panda young was berried by 12 weeks.. again quicker than my experiences with neos. Compared to the neos I found there was more discrepancy with the growth of the various TBs within the same batch, the pandas were far quicker than the BKK and the Ruby Reds were somewhere in between.

My high grade CRS took three months or longer for the first to be berried so I was loosing patience, while my Tbs and OET only took a couple of weeks. Of course the neos almost get berried in the bag ! :)

Damn... I really hope my shrimp breed as quickly as yours *fingers crossed*

I agree with wygglz, I've gotten my first CRS and OEBT a few months ago and they grow slower than neos. One CRS finally got berried after two-three months and my OEBT are still waiting, one just showed a saddle a few days ago. Also maybe its just me but it seems harder to see the saddles on the CRS. I sex them buy the curve of their belly.

Thanks for the reply pokeshrimp. Any idea how long they will take to reach maturity though? My shrimp are currently only shorter than 1 inch or less