Cheap yet effective RO filter

OMG Aquatics

Best value you will find is Purewaterclub.com you can get a 100gpd 5-stage for pretty good price. Mine was 89$ which is good. Heard bulkreefsupply was good to. Don't have to be fancy they all use the same filters, take just as long to make water. They just have different labels lol.

-Chris

Best value you will find is Purewaterclub.com you can get a 100gpd 5-stage for pretty good price. Mine was 89$ which is good. Heard bulkreefsupply was good to. Don't have to be fancy they all use the same filters, take just as long to make water. They just have different labels lol.

-Chris

how exactly does RO system work?

Most of the youtube videos are useless.

Where exactly do you get the RO water? Videos show that you open the faucet and tap water comes out but where does the RO water come out?

RO sytem basically forces water through the system and removes everything foreign in the water. You get RO out of one line. There is a waste line also where everything else comes out. It takes roughly 1-1,5 gallon to make one gallon RO. Some people store waste water and use on lawn or just down the drain. Being your using for shrimp there won't be much waste to worry about.

-Chris

There is all kinds of ways to hook system up. I have an autofill into a 55g tank. Some hook up to faucets and others hook up to systems under sinks. Where are you looking to put the unit?

-Chris

RO sytem basically forces water through the system and removes everything foreign in the water. You get RO out of one line. There is a waste line also where everything else comes out. It takes roughly 1-1,5 gallon to make one gallon RO. Some people store waste water and use on lawn or just down the drain. Being your using for shrimp there won't be much waste to worry about.

-Chris

So how I use it is turn the faucet on and have the RO tubing lead to a bucket or something then turn off the faucet when I have enough RO water?

When it says 100GPD, does that mean water running the whole day to make 100GPD or what?

How long would it take to make 10 Gallons of RO water?

Going to put it under my sink.

There will be taps to hook into your drain and water line. You will just need to worry about the hose leading to your bucket. Also a great 10$ investment from Lowe's is a water alarm. You sit on top of your container to alert you when its full. You will watch it like a hawk at first then you'll get lazy and forget = flooded floor.

-Chris

Means you can make 100g in a day. It takes me about an 1 1/2 to make 5gallons.

-Chris

it takes 1 hour 30 minutes to make 5 gallons?

http://www.purewaterclub.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=88_92_93&products_id=270

is this a good one?

Also it looks like there's no warranty.

On their FAQ it says

Q: Does this RO system change PH?

A: Sorry, it could not change PH.

http://www.purewaterclub.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=578

Is the one that I use, haven't use that one. Yea it s really slow, depends on your water pressure. It hooks up to the cold water.

-Chris

And RO doesn't lower your PH very much. It will better than tap put will not be much lower. To really lower it you'll need to use something to lower ph. That's why most serious breeders use ADA soil lowers Ph very low.

-Chris

What about collecting rain water, and then just filter it through a sponge type filter. Like collecting rain water in a

big new 30 gallon container, and then filter it, through sponges into 5 gallon containers.

Would something like that work?

And RO doesn't lower your PH very much. It will better than tap put will not be much lower. To really lower it you'll need to use something to lower ph. That's why most serious breeders use ADA soil lowers Ph very low.

-Chris

whats the ph of your tap water and ro water.

Some people do that.  My gut tells me that if you are in the country, that wouldn't be bad, but if you are in an area where pollution may be in the air, it binds to the water and may be hard to remove that way.

What about collecting rain water, and then just filter it through a sponge type filter. Like collecting rain water in a
big new 30 gallon container, and then filter it, through sponges into 5 gallon containers.

Would something like that work?

For RO system, is it the more gallons per day, the less waste water you get?

Not really they tend to be all the same. Can separate the waste entirely without some waste water. Remeber there is a ton of extras added to our water, hard to get it all out.

-Chris

Not really they tend to be all the same. Can separate the waste entirely without some waste water. Remeber there is a ton of extras added to our water, hard to get it all out.

-Chris

should I get this?

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Reverse-Osmosis-Filtration-POQ-4B-150/dp/B00FAYBVB8/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=ABOVZO9SHL944

or the 100GPD same model?

100GPD is $70

150 is $79