Safe to add Mischlings with CRS/CBS?

I have ton of CRS/CBS.. I always see "Taiwan Bee + CBS / CRS Mischlings" for sale. Would adding some of them to my CRS/CBS pool increase or decrease the quality of the offspring?

Is there anything i can add to mix up the gene pool that will improve the quality of the offspring?

Mischlings are CRS/CBS that carry TB gene. So, you have more chances to get TB from them if you breed the mischlings back to TB. This is why you offten can see people sell a group of mischlings plus a TB. If you breed mischlings back to CRS/CBS your chances to get TB are slimer and in their offsprings you'll also have CRS/CBS (without TB gene) and you can't tell them apart from mischlings.

Also because mischlings look like low grade crystals you will not get better quality crystals from them.

Oh rats! Thanks for the reply.

If they had the solid white I would try it for fun. But only having one tank I would like to keep the crystals looking good. Is there any other Cardina I could mix in that will not degrades (clear ish bodies vs solid). Or is it best to just stick with my CRS/CBS?

Thank you! I used to have a ton of shrimp tanks but now down to just one (one fresh one salt)

Here my 16g tank

ea106a3194916e9e93eab1d7df87924e.jpg

I love my crystals but half want to add something to mix it up.

I wonder what would happen if I added some blue bolts? They are just a fancy Snow White which come from CRS/CBS. A few have appeared recently in my tank but so far is sounded like I should mix anything in or babies "miclins' will be lower quality. I'm going to add some blue dream neos and I'll have to see if I can find something else to mix up the Cardinia gene pool

befb8497626aa3835c0e671d03b15507.jpg

Thank you! I used to have a ton of shrimp tanks but now down to just one (one fresh one salt)

Here my 16g tank

ea106a3194916e9e93eab1d7df87924e.jpg

I love my crystals but half want to add something to mix it up.

I wonder what would happen if I added some blue bolts? They are just a fancy Snow White which come from CRS/CBS. A few have appeared recently in my tank but so far is sounded like I should mix anything in or babies "miclins' will be lower quality. I'm going to add some blue dream neos and I'll have to see if I can find something else to mix up the Cardinia gene pool

befb8497626aa3835c0e671d03b15507.jpg

Very pretty. Are those bottom dwelling plants what are called Baby tears ?

The carpeting plant is glosso. Much lower maintenance than baby tears (when I had it .. It require weekly trimming). This tank is all about low maintenance

Thanks I just looked it up . Are you using C02 with it ?

It seems it requires CO2 , If not going to try it .

You can do glosso without co2 but it def does better with it

Thanks that is what I suspected .

I do like it and area pet store has it so since tank I want it for is well lit going to try a bit of it and see how it fares .