fertilizer and shrimp?

shift

for those of you with planted tanks who breed shrimp. Do you dose your tank with fertilizer?  Do you notice any affect on your shrimp/breeding/babies? 

I have been using root tabs and have been hesitant to dose the water column with fear of affecting shrimp. I do however use co2.

I'm using the SL-Aqua fertilizer for shrimp tanks, and it's been working great.  I haven't had any shrimp related issues at all while using it, and it just takes a pump or two per week (based on the amount of moss I have in my tanks) and that's it.  I love that it doesn't require refrigeration, so I just keep it right there in my shrimp room and dose after water changes. All the different mosses that I keep love it- lots of new shoots of growth on them.

In my planted tank with rcs I was doing EI dosing. The shrimp seemed fine but they didn't look as active as my low tech tank with RCS. I feel like dosing does affect them to some level and only like dosing lower amounts.

I'm using the SL-Aqua fertilizer for shrimp tanks, and it's been working great.  I haven't had any shrimp related issues at all while using it, and it just takes a pump or two per week (based on the amount of moss I have in my tanks) and that's it.  I love that it doesn't require refrigeration, so I just keep it right there in my shrimp room and dose after water changes. All the different mosses that I keep love it- lots of new shoots of growth on them.

Will it affect ph, gh and kh? What about tds levels?

Will it affect ph, gh and kh? What about tds levels?

I have not seen any movement in GH or pH.  I'll have to look on the TDS.  I was comparing tanks the other day, and so I happened to measure pH and GH in two of them, and they were right in line with my values before I had started dosing about 2 months ago.  I do water changes about every 10 to 14 days, so if they were affecting them, any affect is being wiped out by my routine water changes.  I'll have to check the TDS, though, to give you an idea on that one.  I am using SL-Aqua Blue Wizard for the remin as well.

I have not seen any movement in GH or pH.  I'll have to look on the TDS.  I was comparing tanks the other day, and so I happened to measure pH and GH in two of them, and they were right in line with my values before I had started dosing about 2 months ago.  I do water changes about every 10 to 14 days, so if they were affecting them, any affect is being wiped out by my routine water changes.  I'll have to check the TDS, though, to give you an idea on that one.  I am using SL-Aqua Blue Wizard for the remin as well.

Thanks.

I use SL-Aqua Shrimp plant fert, remineralize with Blue Wizard and add TM-1 when I do a water change. 1 gallon of water with one pump of fert and TM-1 only increases TDS slightly maybe 10 to 20.