Treating a tank with erythromycin

Yea I'm not sure if it's good for shrimp. That sucks bro had it in my Discus tank once. Nasty stuff, erythromycin will clear it out quick.

-Chris

I have used it in shrimp tanks before with no issues.  I actually have a big bottle of the stuff I bought for that purpose but I haven't needed it for the last couple years.  :)

Good to hear, I keep a jar of the powder around from ultrareef. It's worked great in the past on my planted tanks. Looks like I need to increase flow, since it's growing in a dead spot amongst my plants.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

I Remeber my first fight with that stuff. I tried everything and it didn't work. Then someone told,me on the forum and was surprised that it worked. Was gone the next day.

-Chris

Good to hear, I keep a jar of the powder around from ultrareef. It's worked great in the past on my planted tanks. Looks like I need to increase flow, since it's growing in a dead spot amongst my plants.Have a gniess day. -Scott

I was gonna mention flow. I caught some BGA in my tank pretty early, and was able to clear it with an aggressive trim and moving the heater, which was creating a dead spot. Once the water was moving better, it stayed gone and hasn't come back. I only had a tiny bit though, and figured I got pretty lucky to get it to go away without drugs.