Marketplace rules

We like to keep everyone in the loop as much as possible. :)

As we've gotten more members, we've added a few more marketplace rules to protect buyers and sellers.

Everyone has been pretty responsible on how the market is used thus far, and we really don't see it affecting any current threads.

In your leisure, please familiarize yourself with Oblongshrimp's updated post here:  http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/4-marketplace-rules/#entry4

Thank you for being part of our Shrimp Spot family. :rock:

Just so everyone knows, take the Paypal note seriously. At a recent meet with my local group there was a member who sent someone $70 via friends and family, only to never receive any items from the seller. Paypal will not let you make a claim against it. You've been warned!

Just so everyone knows, take the Paypal note seriously. At a recent meet with my local group there was a member who sent someone $70 via friends and family, only to never receive any items from the seller. Paypal will not let you make a claim against it. You've been warned!

Did they just change their rules or something?

Last time I checked, 1-2 years ago, gifts/donations payments can be disputed and in most cases, win if no proof of delivery is provided.

I use to forum a lot on a gaming site that did a lot of trading. Virtual items for real money. Every time a scammer scams someone and pays via gift with note saying they are owner and won't chargeback/dispute/etc, they get their money back.

I would see scam threads everyday.

yep, I believe they changed it not too long ago probably. Also if you are selling something it is best to be paid via "goods" that way you can see the shipping address and not have to go back through and manually enter all that information in.