Aura blue tigers, Super red crystals

SOTG402

I saw some people were looking for Aura Blue Tigers, Joe Aqua told me he's getting ABT (a&S grade) and some super red crystals (all red, one stripe, multi,crs pattern). Just sharing with you guys. Maybe tell him gage sent you if you buy some please  :thumbsu:

I won the auction, and got some from Joe, at $20 a piece from Joe and free shipping is a deal!! But as far as the auction goes its supply and demand my friend, for the last 6 months no one could get any unless you got some of the limited amount from blue crown for $40 a piece from germany. Had to jump on the opportunity, plus now I have some solid USA breed ones to mix with the imports to fortify my stock. 

Vinn to answer your question. There is no difference in shrimp but a supposed difference in their tolerance. Who knows the exact water chemistry in a different continent so its always a concern of breeders when importing how they will acclimate to waters in your area. Since the shrimp were USA breed its always a plus for me knowing they have at least been bred in water from this continent lol. Never had a problem with any of Joe's shrimp either so for me its win win. I had talked to Joe and knew he was getting them soon as well so I was really excited at the opportunity to gain 2 different breeding stocks to start my own. That's usually my recipe to starting a succesful colony, get them from 2-3 different breeders to diversify the gene pool

Vinn to answer your question. There is no difference in shrimp but a supposed difference in their tolerance. Who knows the exact water chemistry in a different continent so its always a concern of breeders when importing how they will acclimate to waters in your area. Since the shrimp were USA breed its always a plus for me knowing they have at least been bred in water from this continent lol. Never had a problem with any of Joe's shrimp either so for me its win win. I had talked to Joe and knew he was getting them soon as well so I was really excited at the opportunity to gain 2 different breeding stocks to start my own. That's usually my recipe to starting a succesful colony, get them from 2-3 different breeders to diversify the gene pool

Correct, there is a greater tolerance in the water chemistry in the US bred shrimp and the they tend to be more hearty and vibrant. Some of the more rare breeds and selective genes are overseas but are more sensitive. I did order the more expensive homebred aura, but I would consider introducing Joe's shrimp for gene diversity. 

A supposed difference in tolerance? Can you elaborate?

Do you think it may of been due to the long flight and bad importers who sell shrimps as soon as they arrive?

Doesn't water chemistry vary from area to area, not just from different continents? (Example: NY tap and Southern California tap is very different.) I could of sworn most breeders use RO water and ADA soil or at least a type buffering substrate and not just breeders from USA?

You're correct the USA has all different water in different regions but just along the lines of that thought, think of how much different across the whole world would be. The flight definitely contributes but I really think it comes down to just water standards in different countries. But I don't study water chemistry, can't prove it if that's what you're looking for but its pretty well accepted. Ever go to another country and drink the tap water, what does it do to you? 

Correct, there is a greater tolerance in the water chemistry in the US bred shrimp and the they tend to be more hearty and vibrant.

Do you think its because US breeders tend to dilute/ breed them with (typically lower grade ) shrimp therefore creating a more diverse gene? Which may create a more hardy shrimps but dilutes quality?

You're correct the USA has all different water in different regions but just along the lines of that thought, think of how much different across the whole world would be. The flight definitely contributes but I really think it comes down to just water standards in different countries. But I don't study water chemistry, can't prove it if that's what you're looking for but its pretty well accepted. Ever go to another country and drink the tap water, what does it do to you?

Ah I see, I could of sworn taiwanese breeders use RO water too, idk

Yeah I already msg him. I feel bad for the guy who won the auction for $250 considering joe is selling them for almost half the price plus free Shipping

Without being on facebook, what is a good way to know about Joe's current stock/sales?  I don't see anything about aura blues or other free-ship deals on his website, aquabid, or his facebook "landing page".  

I would like to add that in most cases, imported shrimp transit time is a lot less than most US sellers. Shrimps are usually only in transit for 24-36 hours before in hands of the importer. Another thing is, they are usually packaged in around 2-4 liter of water vs the 1-2 cups of water US sellers put in their breather bags.

Many people say imported shrimp have a rough journey but in most cases it's even better than US shipped.

Without being on facebook, what is a good way to know about Joe's current stock/sales?  I don't see anything about aura blues or other free-ship deals on his website, aquabid, or his facebook "landing page".  

Message him through his website for more information. He's pretty easy to get a hold of.

I read that the aura blues are sensitive... is this true?

And do they breed true?

I think when it comes to imported shrimp you have to keep in mind most importers are getting adult shrimp. Shrimp that have live their life in one tank and one parameters, removing them and acclimating them 2x (once with importer and another time with the buyer) in a short time is stressful for the shrimp. I find they are more prone to die off then local bred shrimp, where sellers also send you juvies because juvies do alot better too.

And do they breed true?

I think when it comes to imported shrimp you have to keep in mind most importers are getting adult shrimp. Shrimp that have live their life in one tank and one parameters, removing them and acclimating them 2x (once with importer and another time with the buyer) in a short time is stressful for the shrimp. I find they are more prone to die off then local bred shrimp, where sellers also send you juvies because juvies do alot better too.

In comparison to galaxy tigers (both are wild shrimps) I find aura blue were easier to keep. I found them pretty hardy considering they were able to live to southern California's hot summer with no AC. They bred more readily than my my mischlings. They breed true.

And do they breed true?

I msg Joe and he is sending unsexed juvies. As far as the grading (a-s) it is something that he is using himself to grade the level of blue. S of course is being darker blue.

In comparison to galaxy tigers (both are wild shrimps) I find aura blue were easier to keep. I found them pretty hardy considering they were able to live to southern California's hot summer with no AC. They bred more readily than my my mischlings. They breed true.

Yes, aura blue is easier than galaxy tiger. I had got 5000 pcs Galaxy tiger for myself and lost 4/5 within a month. Aura blue and Galaxy tiger is in different river

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Nexus 6 發送

Without being on facebook, what is a good way to know about Joe's current stock/sales? I don't see anything about aura blues or other free-ship deals on his website, aquabid, or his facebook "landing page".

Hi, i'm Joe for Joe's Aqua, lol.

Anyone can msg me here or through our website and facebook.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Nexus 6 發送