River Garden Nursery - SL-Aqua

Rivergardennursery

I received my SL-Aqua soil and products. I want to start carrying these products for my retail side but I need to test them out first. My MK-Breed products have been doing well, but I thought it would help to carry more products, and I was curious about the soil, so......

I will be setting this up in a 20g Long with all SL-Aqua products and I will use the Seneye Reef monitoring to watch the cycle. I will use RO/DI water

Steps to Follow

1. Lightly sprinkle SL-Aqua Magic Powder evenly across the surface of your substrate.

2. Fill with just enough RO water to just cover the substrate only.

3. Add SL-Aqua Purify over the Magic Powder and substrate. ~20ml per gallon of water added in step #2.

4. Wait 24 - 48hrs for the Purify and Magic Powder to seed the substrate with healthy bacteria.

5. After 24 - 48hrs then fill the rest of the tank with RO and turn on sponge filters or other filters, add heater set to 86F during cycling only.

6. In about a week or so you will start to see a nice layer of bacteria everywhere, especially on the substrate.

7. After 10-15 days dose an additional amount of Purify, 10ml per gallon of water.

8. Around approximately day 30 or so the bacteria layer may start to clear up and the water will begin to become nice and clear. It's ok for some of the bacteria to remain present, the shrimp will feast on it!

9. Perform a 50% RO water change and adjust GH using SL-Aqua Blue Wizard to desired GH range.

Acclimatize and add your beautiful shrimp.

10. Dose with SL-Aqua TM-1 to ensure trace elements, shrimp immunity, increases spawning, greater growth, stronger color, and also increases the ability of plants to absorb nutrients

post-2856-0-00543900-1455848467_thumb.jppost-2856-0-65949600-1455848524_thumb.jppost-2856-0-28552700-1455848647_thumb.jppost-2856-0-23415100-1455848786_thumb.jp

Looks like your ready to Rock n Roll! I've tried almost all the SL products and have been pretty happy with them. I don't have their soil so I'm looking forward to seeing how well it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome start! I am interested to see your results with the Seneye monitor and SL-Aqua substrate. I need to setup another aquarium soon!

After 24 - 48hrs then fill the rest of the tank with RO and turn on sponge filters or other filters, add heater set to 86F during cycling only.

I have filled up and started the Seneye monitoring. The PH is incorrect on the Seneye, as it will not read very low. The correct PH per my pinpoint pen is 6.54. You can see a very small amount of NH3 and the NH4 is looking good. I will start to post more of the readings form the Seneye now

post-2856-0-78949500-1456261152_thumb.pn

Seneye device measures Oxygen? Very interesting, definitely would like to try an experiment if that is the case!

After 24 - 48hrs then fill the rest of the tank with RO and turn on sponge filters or other filters, add heater set to 86F during cycling only.

I have filled up and started the Seneye monitoring. The PH is incorrect on the Seneye, as it will not read very low. The correct PH per my pinpoint pen is 6.54. You can see a very small amount of NH3 and the NH4 is looking good. I will start to post more of the readings form the Seneye now

Do you know why it doesn't read low PH? Is there a solution for that?

We appreciate the update! Are you aware 90% of your pictures are posting sideways?