Cycling a new 10g neo tank in time for spring "shrimpments"

I've got this 10 gallon dividers. I was thinking of splitting it into 3x 3.3+ gallon breeders:

Hardware needed:

1. 2x azoo Palm filter

2. 3x sponge filter

3. 20g whisper pump

4. Finnex 24/7 p+ 20" (if I decide to plant, otherwise less pricy suggestions please!)

5. Inert "black beauty sand" from LFS

6. Already have a suitable heater, especially with so much water movement.

Id appreciate any suggestions on where to buy items 1-4 (amazon, eBay, drsfostersmith, The marketplace, etc) or any suggestions on better/more hardware or on how to split it better while still maintaining the same water params throughout the tank.

There also room on the bottom of the stand for a 5-8g that I'm considering as a cull tank or perhaps a mini sump!

6f1ccc1137e3ddbbbe6790d52bc790ce.jpg

Thanks!

Nick

I've got this 10 gallon dividers. I was thinking of splitting it into 3x 3.3+ gallon breeders:

Hardware needed:

1. 2x azoo Palm filter

2. 3x sponge filter

3. 20g whisper pump

4. Finnex 24/7 p+ 20" (if I decide to plant, otherwise less pricy suggestions please!)

5. Inert "black beauty sand" from LFS

6. Already have a suitable heater, especially with so much water movement.

Id appreciate any suggestions on where to buy items 1-4 (amazon, eBay, drsfostersmith, The marketplace, etc) or any suggestions on better/more hardware or on how to split it better while still maintaining the same water params throughout the tank.

There also room on the bottom of the stand for a 5-8g that I'm considering as a cull tank or perhaps a mini sump!

6f1ccc1137e3ddbbbe6790d52bc790ce.jpg

Thanks!

Nick

Looks good so far

Looks very good but I've used those dividers before and baby guppies could get through it easily on the sides where the blue track touches the sides, its not a perfect fit ever unless you silicone it...so baby shrimp will also be able to get through... Just letting you know my personal experience with that type of divider. Plus like Pokeshrimp said, they also will be able to get through the holes.

Also for such a small tank I dont think you will need 2x azoo palm filters plus 3 sponge filters, it will likely be too much flow in the tank for the shrimp given the small footprint of each section.

Looks very good but I've used those dividers before and baby guppies could get through it easily on the sides where the blue track touches the sides, its not a perfect fit ever unless you silicone it...so baby shrimp will also be able to get through... Just letting you know my personal experience with that type of divider. Plus like Pokeshrimp said, they also will be able to get through the holes.

Also for such a small tank I dont think you will need 2x azoo palm filters plus 3 sponge filters, it will likely be too much flow in the tank for the shrimp given the small footprint of each section.

Im planning on siliconing them in place! So that shouldn't be an issue.

As far as the palm filters im gonna be dimming them so they have very low flow, they're mostly just for mechanical/chemical filtration. Since its only 10 gallons, I wanna keep NH3/NO2/NO3 their abosolute lowest. Will also be using floaters to reduce nitrates.

I too wanted the azoo palm filters but they were a little to expensive for me so I went with a Jebo 501 filter. It works great for.

i found them for like 7 bucks on drsfostersmith! http://m.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3579+9821&pcatid=9821