Mr Aqua Aquariums

Hey ShrimpSpot!

So as most of us usually do I am planning on setting up another shrimp tank. As all of my current "show tanks" are Mr. Aqua 17.1g aquariums I went to Marine Depot as usual to place an order. Low and behold they have vanished, stock diminished, anyone know what is going on? Fortunately DO Aqua! and ADA make a comparable size aquarium, but I thought it was strange since I thought Mr. Aqua was doing so well.

Thanks for any input.

DETAquarium

I was looking at rimless tanks the other day and was wondering the same thing......way less Mr. Aqua tanks around.  Additionally, the "Landen" company that was building what appeared to be nice knock-off rimless tanks and selling them on Amazon, also seems to have gone under.  They only have one size left available.......and it happens to be a 17.1.

http://smile.amazon.com/Landen-Gallon-Rimless-Aquarium-FT-006/dp/B00DC2Z07G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1457100481&sr=8-4&keywords=landen

When I got into the hobby just 18 short months ago, it seemed like there was a growing rimless aquarium market.  Now when I look it seems like there are very few options available.  Interested to learn what you find out along the way.

I've been trying to buy some for at least a month now. The last rimless tank I bought were two Up Aqua rimless tanks and even my LFS can't get anymore let alone Mr Aqua.

There's an ebayer selling cube and rectangle rimless tanks that I thought might be a good option. I'll post a link later for anyone interested.

I definitely like the looks and reviews of the Landen, its to bad they are on the decline as well.

I definitely like the looks and reviews of the Landen, its to bad they are on the decline as well.

They had a full offering of tanks from like 4 gallons up to 90P sizes, prices included shipping and were amazing, seemed to review well not a bad word was said

Now they are M.I.A.

My dream of full rimless conversion.......slipping.......further.......away............................

They had a full offering of tanks from like 4 gallons up to 90P sizes, prices included shipping and were amazing, seemed to review well not a bad word was said

Now they are M.I.A.

My dream of full rimless conversion.......slipping.......further.......away............................

Don't you worry there will always be DO Aqua! and ADA rimless tanks. The cost of them plus shipping is cheaper or comparable to Landen.

I wonder if all these rimless tanks were being made by the same factory, and that factory stopped production for some reason. I can't see why else these tanks arw no longer being sold since they're so popular.

Very possible, another thought is ADA could be buying these companies out, or these companies can't compete with DO Aqua and ADA because of economies of scale.

Must be a mistake, wierd???? I paid around $18 for shipping 2 months ago.

You're totally right. I think last time I was looking it was around that price or free like their square tanks and then this last Friday shipping jumped to ~$71 for one tank.

What's also interesting is that ada usa's tank section is down.....

Very possible, another thought is ADA could be buying these companies out, or these companies can't compete with DO Aqua and ADA because of economies of scale.

I had a conversation with one of the owners of Aquarium Design Group in Houston, who at the time was getting out of his business venture into rimless tanks competing against ADA.  

The startups are having trouble gaining enough inertia and following to stay in........ADA isn't having to buy them out.  

I heard that Marine Depot is no longer selling Mr. AQUA. The distributor for them is Sevenports who also distributes Up Aqua, AZOO and a few other. There website shows Amazon, Bulk Reef supply and Unbeatable Sale as suppliers. When you look around these sites they have very little to no stock...

Since Sevenports is located in Whittier California a lot of the LFS carry Mr. AQUA. You might want to contact Sevenports regarding a retailer in your area and to see what the deal is with online vendors no longer carrying or stocking Mr. AQUA.

I am a member of SCAPE and we always get a bunch of Mr. AQUA tanks donated for our raffle meetings, the one just held in December we had at least 7 tanks given away and a LFS just had a big promotion on the 22g long so I don't think they are going away. Maybe just changing sales/distribution channels.

I heard that Marine Depot is no longer selling Mr. AQUA. The distributor for them is Sevenports who also distributes Up Aqua, AZOO and a few other. There website shows Amazon, Bulk Reef supply and Unbeatable Sale as suppliers. When you look around these sites they have very little to no stock...

Since Sevenports is located in Whittier California a lot of the LFS carry Mr. AQUA. You might want to contact Sevenports regarding a retailer in your area and to see what the deal is with online vendors no longer carrying or stocking Mr. AQUA.

I am a member of SCAPE and we always get a bunch of Mr. AQUA tanks donated for our raffle meetings, the one just held in December we had at least 7 tanks given away and a LFS just had a big promotion on the 22g long so I don't think they are going away. Maybe just changing sales/distribution channels.

benefits of living in so cal  :ph34r:

Good to know, was hoping someone on here might have any insight before reaching out to Sevenports. 

Have you heard of Cadlights? I am not sure what it would cost to have one shipped to you, they are located in California. They are nice tanks, there Zen series are similar to the Mr. AQUA low iron glass tanks.