Movie Theaters

OMG Aquatics

Does anyone notice that 3D movies nowadays are no longer the 3D movies they use to be back then? I take my girl to the movies a lot and every 3D movie is soo wack. It's like a 2D movie except blurry and requires you to wear glasses just to see clearly. I remember back when 3D movies actually came out, the characters were jumping right at you as if you're right next to them, but now, I don't feel that at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly. .. Hollywood has become a freaking joke.... I think that they have ran out of good ideas so they come up with crappy gimmicks to sell tickets. ..

Derek

not to mention most movies are remakes of a older movie. I figure they should be back to western and musicals any year now.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Lol you folks are a tough crowd .

I did enjoy the Lord of Rings/Hobbit movies and last time I was in CA visiting my daughter I took the grandkids to see the last Harry Potter which was very good and later saw the others .

Lol you folks are a tough crowd .

I did enjoy the Lord of Rings/Hobbit movies and last time I was in CA visiting my daughter I took the grandkids to see the last Harry Potter which was very good and later saw the others .

You named the only collection of movies of the past 10 years that aren't remakes or a rehash of the same story line.

That is a good point because those are the only movies which I have gone to the theatre to see in the last few years . My wife goes with a neighbor because her husband and I rather eat glass than see the movies they enjoy .

I am eagerly waiting for the Smaug PT 2 (Hobbit to come out)

Country ,

Most people do not know that  Tolkien who wrote the trilogy was in WW2 and that was where he got his idea for his books as far as clearly defined good vs evil .

The last one as you know was not written by him but still great . You would be surprised how many of us older folks enjoy these movies . Even HP was good .

Did you know the hobbit started as a short story in a magazine? Im a big tolkin fan.... I didnt know the return of the king wasn't his... I knew there were several stories that his son I believed finished. . Ive heard that his work wasnt as good as his fathers

That is a good point because those are the only movies which I have gone to the theatre to see in the last few years . My wife goes with a neighbor because her husband and I rather eat glass than see the movies they enjoy .

I am eagerly waiting for the Smaug PT 2 (Hobbit to come out)

Country ,

Most people do not know that Tolkien who wrote the trilogy was in WW2 and that was where he got his idea for his books as far as clearly defined good vs evil .

The last one as you know was not written by him but still great . You would be surprised how many of us older folks enjoy these movies . Even HP was good .

Louie: my wife was reading ever my shoulder and says you are incorrect he served in WWI. And Tolkien him self denied it influenced his work. I don't argue these thing with her she's writing her PHD on objects of power and he's a big part of it.

Mr. Tolkien can deny it all he wants, I believe the war still influenced his world creation. He may not have done it intentionally, but I say that something that big will influence the way you see the world, like it or not.