My Shrimp Stopped Breeding....any suggestions?

So between March and July or so my shrimp were breeding like CRAZY!!  Basically every one of my female Crystal Shrimp and Tiger Shrimp were berried all the time.  I have noticed though that now I don't see a single berried female.  Has anyone figured out why shrimp seem to go through these cycles or how to induce them to start breeding again?  I have heard people say it is seasonal but these shrimp are in my basement so I don't know how they would know what the season is. 

I'm still new to shrimp, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I think they can sense the seasons changing no matter where they are. I've heard certain fish like cories tend to spawn when there's a low pressure system, which shouldn't make much difference in a tank, but you never know. They seem to sense it. Why not shrimp?

+1  Barometric pressure plays a part methinks.  You can "fake" seasons with lights, temp, etc.  but there has to be something more that what we are doing that they can sense.

That being said, you will always have the occaional hobbyist that doesn't have any problems at all, but I can tell you my shrimp definately slow in their breeding for the fall/winter.

I was wondering if Barometric pressure or something was playing a factor in it.  When my CRS and Tigers really started breeding the water temp was still in the low 60's or even high 50's since I didn't have heaters on them. 

Soothing, have you had good luck with getting them to breed by alterning the lighting schedule?

YA know...it just dawned on me that breeding in the neo tank slowed to a crawl when I switched to an LED light and was leaving it on 12+ hours a day.  Prior the lid I had had regular bulbs and would heat the water too much so I would keep it on just a couple of hours at a time or not turn it on until noon or so.  Now granted, maybe it was just water temps that made them breed more but I'm not kidding, a tank full of neos and 1, maybe 2 berried at a time these days. I'm going to start cutting back the amount of light and see if that does anything.  I would think more light would be the answer though for sure, not less. 

I will start messing with my light too and see if I can trigger something :)

What about water changes? Maybe messing with the percentages will shock them back into breeding. I think raising the TDS and the Temperature in my Tiger Tank helped jump start breeding for me, but you never really know because there are so many factors in play :) you have a lovely collection of breeding aids and minerals to play with as well ;)

My tanks aren't as full as they were a few months ago since I have been selling shrimp.  They still have quite a few shrimp in them though :)

I have at least 3 berried females since I started cutting out about 5-6 hours of light one of my tanks was getting.  Could be coincidence, but still thought it was worth noting.  Only started cutting the light back on Monday, so yeah, one OEBT and 2 neos and I'm talking in a tank of a 100 shrimp only one female and an amano has been berried in the last 5 weeks.

I tried increasing my light by 2 hours (I think I am at 12 hours right now) last weekend.  My Painted Fire Reds, BBRR, and Blue Diamonds are breeding but my yellows, CRS, and Tigers don't seem to be anymore.  My yellows are super picky for neos, I got them to start breeding a little for me but now they stopped again.   

Ya I will have to get some from you one of these days.

How many hours of light are you doing for your tanks now ravensgate?

I went from having light on from 8am-10pm down to turning on lights at 10am-12pm then off until 3pm-9pm  So I went from 14 hours down to about 8-9 right now.

One tank I don't even have a light on, it just gets the natural light in my room.  I don't think it's a case of more light or less light necessarily as much as it is just a change in environment that might trigger something.