Shipping fish?

So I've had many experiences shipping shrimp/plants (through usps) only 2 times out of 20 were bad (my fault). But my question is shipping fish the same? Or does it have to be overnight shipping. How long can they last (Guppies)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I don't have any experience shipping fish, but I have purchased fish on eBay in the past. I bought Sterbai Corydoras, German Rams, Endlers, Bettas, and Celestial Pearl Danios. All shipped via USPS Priority Mail and all shipments arrived in two days. Only had one Cory DOA. I've always bought fish when the weather was mild though.

Hi, I have shipped guppies in the past. I have used poly bags double bagged with 1/3 water and 2/3 air. I also use moss and a couple drops of prime water conditioner in the shipping water, the moss helps also with oxygen and prime fights ammonia buildup. Im sure you could do the same with breather bags thanks.

I have had German Rams shipped to me form CA to MN shipped USPS priority using breather bags and they were fine. The invention of breather bags was a game changer. I would suggest using some purigen. Just be careful with prime because it will increase the PH.

Was it 2 or 3 day?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I used to ship Swordtails and Cory Catfish using USPS Priority. I used to use normal 2 mil Poly Bags. 1/3 water 2/3 oxygen. Put a little prime to keep the ammonia down. I would double bag with normal Poly Bags and tape the top. I had a package get lost for 5 days and all survived. You can always use Breather Bags, which will keep them from getting tossed around. Also with fish it's best not to feed them for at 24-48 hours. It's basically the same process as shipping shrimp.