Shrimp stores in LA area?

Mr. F

So I'm in LA for a couple days and I was wondering what shrimp specialty stores for shrimp and shrimping items are around LA? I know there are a few, but any recommendations?

Jem, I am in Northern LA (Burbank) so that's a bit of a drive, but if you think it's worth the drive, I'll check it out!

Any others in Northern or West LA? I know that Eric from Discobee is based out of Culver City, but I don't think he has a brick and mortar location, does he?

You can try contacting Blue Crown, they are in El Monte and try setting up an appointment.  Their shrimp room is in their fathers business so it is by appointment only and they have not been very active on this site and others lately.  I have heard they are just very busy with other matters but maybe they can fit you in.  They have a lot of shrimp tanks...

CK is another 10-15 miles up the 10 freeway so maybe you could hit both up.  CK has about 6-7 small shrimp tanks and carry the basics, RCS, CRS plus they usually have a mix of other neos like Yellows, Blue Diamond, Red Rilli's, Carbons, etc.  They are a fish store so they carry all the equipment, plants , rock , fish, etc.

Nature Aquarium in Santa Monica would be another good store to hit up.  They are a small shop that really specializes in planted tanks.  They carry ADA products and they have a few small shrimp tanks.

You can try contacting Blue Crown, they are in El Monte and try setting up an appointment.  Their shrimp room is in their fathers business so it is by appointment only and they have not been very active on this site and others lately.  I have heard they are just very busy with other matters but maybe they can fit you in.  They have a lot of shrimp tanks...

CK is another 10-15 miles up the 10 freeway so maybe you could hit both up.  CK has about 6-7 small shrimp tanks and carry the basics, RCS, CRS plus they usually have a mix of other neos like Yellows, Blue Diamond, Red Rilli's, Carbons, etc.  They are a fish store so they carry all the equipment, plants , rock , fish, etc.

Nature Aquarium in Santa Monica would be another good store to hit up.  They are a small shop that really specializes in planted tanks.  They carry ADA products and they have a few small shrimp tanks.

Santa Monica is my old stomping grounds! I went to SMC for a couple years before transferring to UC Santa Cruz! I'm definitely gonna check that one out! I'm guessing this is the one Jem was referring to. Thanks Pescador and Jem!

Cool spot! Thanks guys. [emoji41]

I also stopped by Mark's Tropical Fish, on Ventura Blvd. in Sherman Oaks. Cool store! Lots of interesting fw fish, beautiful corals and sw stuff, good prices, but no fw shrimp! They did have a pair of sw Sexy Shrimp. SO COOL. Almost bought them for my reef tank but then I remembered I was 300 miles away from it... Lol. But I did get some really neat petrified wood for $3.69/lb!

If I knew you were also a saltwater guy I would have  suggested Vivid Aquarium, they only do saltwater and they have a huge selection of frags.  I am an ex-salty myself, now that I have kids my shrimp habit only dips into the college fun where a Reef would clean the whole thing out and then some...

i went to Nature AQ (Santa Monica) & CK recently. I can only say if you are looking for S Grade CRS, dont waste your time, they only sell low grade one and pricey. Cherrys or Rili are fine.

for local store I would suggest Bob's Tropical Fish @90022 they have Blue bolt, King kongs, neos, tigers.....etc...so far the best store in LA . Check them out on FB or Instagram .