Where should I buy my shrimp?

Jorge_

I ordered some shrimp from my local fish store about a week ago, and they take big orders of fish at a time. They havent been doing freshwater lately, so its gonna be a while until I get my shrimp. I say a minimum of two weeks... I wanted to buy cherry shrimp, just so you know. I found an ebay offer for thirty shrimp for fourty dollars! (Includes shipping) So im wondering if this would be better than waiting? I have a ten gallon tank and I added two otos yesterday. I am planning to get one more, so it will be a trio of otos and a small shrimp colony. If anyone knows any good deals or what they suggest please let me know! Also if there are other colorful starter shrimp let me know! I dont want them to be more than four dollars each, thats kinda cheap I know. I just dont want them to all die on me as this is my first time with shrimp and I feel they should be fine but I am a really insecure person :L

1 minute ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

You may want to ask members here in the market section how much for cherry shrimp. You'll probably find a good deal for better quality.

Shipping is relatively easy this time of year.

Alright, one last thing. I ask so many questions, im sorry! Are there any other species you recommend or are cherries a good pick? I wanted cheap and hardy cherries. Also, when I go to the market do I just ask for cherries, and no specific amount? Or do I say how many I want and the grade they are?

As far as waiting, as I said before, you've got a new tank, and it will only benefit you to let it run at least a few weeks with those ottos. Meanwhile, you can test your parameters, make sure they are stable, and you may need to do something about your pH. And it looks like you may want to use a diff. substrate (you seem to have a bunch of threads, kind of hard to keep up, lol)

The sellers here on this site are awesome and if you go to the marketplace section and put a WTB (want to buy) post, you might get lots of hits.    Cherries come in all grades and have morphed into different colors.  sorry for the long link. Im sure there is a shorter one but I just did a quick search

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0LEVvv9aBJXrkwA0fBjmolQ;_ylu=X3oDMTBsa3ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?p=neo+shrimp+chart&back=https%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fyhs%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Dneo%2Bshrimp%2Bchart%26vm%3Dp%26type%3Dsearch_6%26param1%3D19152927%26param2%3D3198262%26param3%3D0%26param4%3D1262852864%26hsimp%3Dyhs-prodege_001%26hspart%3Dprodege%26fr%3Dyhs-prodege-prodege_001%26ei%3DUTF-8&w=1600&h=1131&imgurl=shrimpkeepersforum.com%2Fforum%2Fuploads%2Fmonthly_2015_11%2F564a595be6161_SKFNeocaridinadavidiChart.png.7d5c033432200cf96c4170f6cb7089e7.png&size=688KB&name=564a595be6161_SKFNeocaridinadavidiChart.png.7d5c033432200cf96c4170f6cb7089e7.png&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fshrimpkeepersforum.com%2Fforum%2Farticles%2Fstandards-grades-classifications%2Fshrimp-grading%2Fthe-cherry-shrimp-grading-pattern-guide-neocaridina-davidi-r1%2F&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fshrimpkeepersforum.com%2Fforum%2Farticles%2Fstandards-grades-classifications%2Fshrimp-grading%2Fthe-cherry-shrimp-grading-pattern-guide-neocaridina-davidi-r1%2F&type=&no=4&tt=119&oid=07d5614ffec5dacf203e848d79685fc8&tit=Cherry+Shrimp+Grading+%26+Pattern+Guide+%28Neocaridina+davidi%29+-+Shrimp+...&sigr=14rllgfuf&sigi=145ikebcj&sign=12g6eq91r&sigt=103d1h5lg&sigb=16cu36f7n&fr=yhs-prodege-prodege_001&hspart=prodege&hsimp=yhs-prodege_001&vm=p

3 hours ago, 35ppt said:

As far as waiting, as I said before, you've got a new tank, and it will only benefit you to let it run at least a few weeks with those ottos. Meanwhile, you can test your parameters, make sure they are stable, and you may need to do something about your pH. And it looks like you may want to use a diff. substrate (you seem to have a bunch of threads, kind of hard to keep up, lol)

Yeah, sorry about all the threads :L

I might just stay with this one because I dont want to stress the otos or move the plants. I wasnt too picky about substrate but im going to be looking at different offers so it will be a few days before I order :)

7 hours ago, Jorge_ said:

Yeah, sorry about all the threads :L

I might just stay with this one because I dont want to stress the otos or move the plants. I wasnt too picky about substrate but im going to be looking at different offers so it will be a few days before I order :)

Well there's 2 ways to organize - everything in one thread, or start a new thread for every sub topic. So you just picked the 2nd one :)

Hopefully you can find a seller locally to you, that's what I did , and since we were both using the same source water (tap), I had an easy acclimation - no losses.

1 minute ago, 35ppt said:

Well there's 2 ways to organize - everything in one thread, or start a new thread for every sub topic. So you just picked the 2nd one :)

Hopefully you can find a seller locally to you, that's what I did , and since we were both using the same source water (tap), I had an easy acclimation - no losses.

Ill try and find one, thanks!