Need shrimp food testers please!

ravensgate

I need some food testers for a new line.  PLEASE realize you will have some homework so this isn't just a 'free food' post, otherwise you may be subjected to a lifetime of dirty looks from me on the internet. :ph34r:

I am developing 3 lines of food.  A 'complete/staple diet', an immune enhancing diet, and a protein/growth/breeding diet for all freshwater dwarf shrimp.  Mind you, these have been/will be tested on tibees, OEBT, amanos, neos, CBS, CRS, Goldens, Taiwans and I think that's all I have.    so it will be tested on a lot before it leaves my house:)   The consistency issue I'm working on...I did the immune batch and the consistency is crap.  But with the staple diet I have the consistency figured out.  I've never had my shrimp lose their minds over anything like they have this 'staple' diet.  I have not created the Protein diet yet...have the recipe it's just a matter of getting off my butt to make it (which I dread...it's kind of a pain).  At any rate, ingredients are all organic and safe, tested on my tanks FIRST.   The 'homework' I need is the basics

*** How soon do shrimp find food (yeah, I'd LOVE a timer involved)

*** YOU the buyer/owners thoughts on look/consistency though my immune forumla consistency sucks...didn't have the right method but I promise your shrimp won't care:)

** Any additional info like molt rate, breeding rate, color, etc.  There are no color enhancers in this food (*spirulina/axastanthin) just all natural goodies.

What I need from you is name and address in a private message:).  It may be another 1-2 weeks before I get the protein formula done so in 2-3 weeks you'll have a sample of all 3 to test.  Please help me develop awesome shrimp foods. Local and good price!!! 

I wish I had enough shrimp to help you test. My kids tank only has a dozen. My office tank...I don't know..at least 2, maybe 20+...too many hiding spots and they are still small, though I am leaning towards only 2 :(

I *think* I have told everybody the same info but just in case I want to bring it up here.  I'm hoping to have the growth/breeding formula done this weekend.  I'll be testing all next week on my own tanks and should be getting samples out promptly after Thanskgiving. 

And for whatever reason, I am not getting email notices about messages. I get a notice if someone replies to a message I send but that's it, so I need to look into my settings.  That being said, I am tackling messages every day or every other day (at the latest) so if I don't answer you right away bear with me, I'm not ignoring you I swear! :)  Thanks again folks, I really appreciate this!

I am packaging up everybody's foods as I type;)  These will all go out tomorrow barring any drama.    I DO have questionnaire sheets in with these but in case folks want to copy and paste these into an email or message to me, here are the

questions.  There is another sheet besides this one that lists the ingredients in each food as well.

Shrimp Food Questionnaire

PLEASE ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS FOR EACH SEPARATE FOOD.  Staple, Immune, Growth/Breeding.   Feel free to message me or email me at kalnight@aol.com.  Please get responses to me before the end of the year:)

Please list the shrimp species you are testing this on __________________________________________________________________________________________

1. How quickly did the food sink?

STAPLE

IMMUNE

GROWTH/BREEDING

2. How long did it take the shrimp to notice the food (response time to food)?

STAPLE

IMMUNE

GROWTH/BREEDING

3. When was the last time the shrimp were fed prior to being fed this food (as starve days prior may affect their response)?

STAPLE

IMMUNE

GROWTH/BREEDING

4. Do they walk away from food at any point/become uninterested?

STAPLE

IMMUNE

GROWTH/BREEDING

5. Is food finished within a reasonable amount of time?

STAPLE

IMMUNE

GROWTH/BREEDING

6. What is your opinion on the appearance of the food?  Is the texture ok, easy to break apart, would prefer bigger or smaller pieces, etc?

STAPLE

IMMUNE

GROWTH/BREEDING

7. Any clouding of water or altering of parameters noted?

STAPLE

IMMUNE

GROWTH/BREEDING

****Any other observations in regards to molting, breeding, coloration, vigor ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can email your answers to me at kalnight@aol.com or message me through The Planted Tank (ravensgate) or The Shrimp Spot (ravensgate).  I can copy and paste the questions to you or you can just write the # of each question down with your responses.  Thank you again!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the offer Mark.  Sadly as of right now life has taken a turn and I won't be dealing with the shrimp foods or plans I had due to a pending divorce.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the offer Mark.  Sadly as of right now life has taken a turn and I won't be dealing with the shrimp foods or plans I had due to a pending divorce.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've been pretty busy lately and just checked back in to leave my feedback. I understand you have a lot going on but let me know if you would still like the feedback at any point though. Again, sorry to hear that.