When to harvest mulberry leaves

I was wondering is it better to harvest the leaves when they're green on the tree or when they fall off? I would guess when they're still green. But, not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Good question wonder if they need to be dry. I also would like to know if anyone else puts in green leaves. I have always used dry ones I collect after they fall.

I just ordered some Tantora Mulberry leaves that are dried, organic and raw, and it said to boil them 10 to 15 minutes first before putting them in the tank.

The tantora ones are great. They usually give you huge leaves. I have several dwarf mulberry trees that I'll be trying out soon. They ususlly loose all there leaves around fall. I guess the green ones would be ok. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. I'd still boil them for a couple of minutes first just to make it easier for the shrimp to feed on. IMO boilling for 10-15 min seems a bit long. I ususlly boil leaves (except IAL) for 2-3 minutes tops. Then it's feeding frenzy time.

Yeah I thought 10 to15 minutes seemed a little excessive too. I usually boil for three minutes for

Everything, spinich, zuccinni, oak leaves, etc, then let them cool and put them in.