Hydrogen Peroxide in shrimp Tank Action Video

After using Hydrogen Peroxide    i saw some shrimp burned from this . 

The have some burn spots on the body

Just now, Rivergardennursery said:

Did it go away after the next Molt?

Yes it go away wiht molt...

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2016 at 8:19 AM, Brolly33 said:

@Rivergardennursery

Update? Did the treatment work?

Any treatment related losses of moss or lifestock?

Thank You for asking.  Short answer is no, but.....

Do to this being my work tank, I leave the lights on too long (about 9-10 hours a day).  I have added a few floaters to reduce the intensity but the growth was too much for the spot treatments.  On the plus side, I did not loose any shrimp and the plants all seemed fine.  I believe if I had a good balance between lights and amount of time the lights are on, this would have worked.

I decided to buy Twinstar Shrimp and that is working like a charm for the algae.  See my thread over here -->http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/6839-my-twinstar-shrimp-log/#comment-82957

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2016 at 9:29 PM, Ianhamm said:

talk to Chaz of Elevate shrimp. I hear he has a great product to handle hair algae.

I have used his product several times and didn't have any problems with my shrimps. If used as directed it works. I made sure to do small water changes once a week while using algae killer.

This was a year ago and was prob my fault. Perhaps I overdosed? I know I didn't do water changes because my bottle info said recommended, but not necessary. I only tried it on one tank though, and I know coincidences sometimes happen.

I trust Vpier too, so if it worked for him it must be okay.  I'm just gunshy now of it.

sorry you had some issues with your algae killer regimen :(  I haven't had any issues at the concentration of the product that I sell, but when you start to overdose (at like double the recommended amount) I did get deaths.  The dosing amount is right at the sweetspot for both yielding algae performance yet being shrimp safe accounting for minor measuring errors (overdosing) and the chemical accumulating over time (the math: it decays, but how quickly--so what is the concentration after 3 doses with no water changes).   That being said I've used my product without water changes but I've found that this actually helps the algae survive so the recommended water changes are more for the algae killing part rather than the shrimp-safe-ness.  It could very well be that there was a lot of algae in that tank and the water was getting hit hard with rotting organics bumping up the ammonia faster than your soil can turn it into ammonium if acidic tank or crashing your biofilter. 

No need to be gunshy ;)

On 9/4/2016 at 9:37 PM, Soothing Shrimp said:

This was a year ago and was prob my fault. Perhaps I overdosed? I know I didn't do water changes because my bottle info said recommended, but not necessary. I only tried it on one tank though, and I know coincidences sometimes happen.

I trust Vpier too, so if it worked for him it must be okay.  I'm just gunshy now of it.

The only reason I did water changes is due to your mishap you told me about a year ago.:thumbsu: