ID board

Andi

Without spending much time looking around yet, here are some ideas that come to mind. Some you may have already implemented. Some might not fit what you want your target members to be. You might think I'm just wack-o. Just some thoughts to think about.

Basically, the forum will attract a variety of people. 1) Shrimp geeks that like to talk shrimp but have a fairly good understanding already. 2) People struggling with shrimp looking for answers. 3) People who don't know a lot about shrimp and need a place to start. 4) People looking to buy, sell or trade shrimp with others.

* I recommend a board to aid in identifying the different varieties of shrimp. Pics, of course are part of that, but also info about how to take care of them. In addition, having a chart or something that starts out with water pH and hardness and then goes into what types of shrimp would fit with that the best.

* A board for terms.

* A board dedicated to finding answers to problems.

* A board for new varieties/strains.

* A marketplace of sorts. Including a sticky for how to ship.

Hey, and how about spell check?!

Andi I love the ideas. 

-  I like your idea of a chart or something that has some different water conditions and what shrimp would work in that water.  We could combine it with species that will inbreed and have columns of shrimp and you can pick one from each column that will work in those water conditions, something like this....

Hard Water (GH>10, KH>5)

Red Cherry Shrimp                   Malawa Shrimp                     Sri Lanka Shrimp

Blue Pearl Shrimp

-  As far as a board for terms I think we can make a running sticky of all the terms that we have.  IPBoard also allows for accroynms which I have used so when I say CRS it will underline it with the expanded term so everyone knows the term. 

- A sticky for shipping would be great...anyone want to write one?

- I plan on creating new forums as needed.  If enough people start talking about new shrimp varieties or any other topic I will create new forums and move the applicable threads over there. 

- Spell check is a browser function and does not seem to be part of IPboard.  I had problems with Firefox before with the spellcheck not working but it seems to be working now.

Oh that Soothing, always a kidder!  LOL!  I can offer my services of sarcasm, wit and occasional useful information;)  But seriously, love the suggestions!  I think after the holidays this forum will start picking up quite a bit. 

Oh that Soothing, always a kidder!  LOL!  I can offer my services of sarcasm, wit and occasional useful information;)  But seriously, love the suggestions!  I think after the holidays this forum will start picking up quite a bit. 

What he was kidding? Damnit guess I'll have to repack my assless chaps.....

I seriously hope this site takes off, I've noticed a few things that are really starting to annoy me over on TPT.

As far as skills for the OP, I can offer quirky sayings like "Quicker than a duck on a june bug!" and such, but that's the extent of my writing abilities :(

I would love any and all articles you guys want to write.  Once we start getting a couple articles written I can create a separate forum for them so they can easily be found

Hey now guys, I am a writer, but I write quite frequently, so I'm busy.

Shoot me an idea for a topic, and I can get on it.

Here's a topic for you, Women, why they drive guys to drink! :D

I will try and break out my camera here soon to and get some pictures of my water setup and how to remineralize your RO water.  When I have it out I can try and get pictures for acclimating shrimp too.