Total noob here

Umbra

Heyo guys, Umbra here.

I literally just got my first shrimp today and I'm super excited to start getting more into shrimp keeping.

It is worth noting that in my country, South Africa, it is illegal to import shrimp so we are stuck with what we got in the trade from people who managed to smuggle some in through the years. it is legal to keep them though, so that's good! :D

I just wanted to join here to learn about shrimp as much as possible, especially since the strains we got are... really not high quality (they are crossed and not pure at all) and I hope to learn about strains as much as possible from you guys before I start breeding my own.

43 minutes ago, Dluxeshrimps said:

Welcome to the forum, glad to see the shrimp hobby is spreading

Oh it is... it really is. The only thing keeping us from enjoying it fully on this part of the earth is a retarded goverment, lol.

Welcome Umbra! We have a few individuals on this forum that reside in South Africa! We are glad to have you.

44 minutes ago, DETAquarium said:

Welcome Umbra! We have a few individuals on this forum that reside in South Africa! We are glad to have you.

Thanks :) that's good to know though, I always thought there were much fewer south africans who kept shrimps.