Taiwan or mischlings?

So here in a couple months I am going to start up a few more shrimp tanks (I CAN STOP WHEN I WANT ITS NOT AN ADDICTION) and am curious what you guys think on Taiwan bees vs mischlings.

I am still new to terms and differentiating bees and cbs/crs and mischlings. But I was wondering If I should start off with a specific kind of bee? Or should I get a few mischlings?

Now before you answer know that the idea of having these shrimp in a tank and the possibility of getting like 3 different kinds of bees/shrimp would be awesome haha.

Would there be a better chance at getting random bees from mischlings? Or would I need to just get a couple bees and would get diversity there?

I plan on having other tanks to pick aside the ones I like and start to "selectively" breed there

-Duffy

Lwts start with the basics. Taiwans. Tibee. Crystal red and black are all bee shrimps. CRS and CBS are the most common. Tibee is CRS x tiger. Mishling is CRS x Taiwan bee.

if you want 3 different types of bee shrimps I would put Taiwan bee. Tibee. And crystal ted and blacks in thw tank. This is my set up. With a tank with al three there is a good chance of new variations popping up every once in a while. Even a chance for pintos. You could also keep some royal blue tigers in thwre orange eye blue tigers and red tigers to get more of a chance at pintos.

the challenge is keeping and breeding rigers with the bee shrimp in caridina parameters.

to get anything from mischlinga other than crystal red and blacks, you need to have tigers in the tank (gives you a chance at a tibee or a pinto) or tibee (another chance for a pinto) or Taiwan bees (gives chances at more Taiwan bees)

most go with a combo of tb and mischling due to tb beeing so costly. i talked with a couple breeders before i got mine and they told me if i could afford it go with tb. they are much stronger now than they used to be and by using mischlings it would in a way water down the tb genes. i went with all tb and have not had a single prob with them yet. ive had mine since april but started the tank in janurany. 

Depending on what your goal is with the Taiwan Bees. He is correct they are all bee shrimp, there are some great threads here already on the subject. I even have alot of information on the TB tanks. Def do some research on the care of them, you almost always need ADA soil or something to buffer the water, some will say no but I have found that it is easier to use RO and remineralize with ADA soil and Salty Shrimp. Works like a charm and you don't really have to do anything for it.

I think i will definitely get ADA soil. Haven't heard anything bad about it yet and I believe I am just getting REALLY REALLY REALLY lucky with my parameters and the shrimp i have hahaha.

Is there anywhere else online that sells the ADA soil besides the U.S. one? (Aqua Forest i believe)? Amazon has it but its expensive

I think i will definitely get ADA soil. Haven't heard anything bad about it yet and I believe I am just getting REALLY REALLY REALLY lucky with my parameters and the shrimp i have hahaha.

Is there anywhere else online that sells the ADA soil besides the U.S. one? (Aqua Forest i believe)? Amazon has it but its expensive

Check the distributor list,there may be one close to you. Yea Shipping is a pain. Have them mail priority if you want to save a buck on one,bag,

-Chris

If you order from aqua forest the best shipping is on three bags. Then you'll have extra, that's what I did the first time. And I should have gotten three the second time. Even though I live like 40 minutes away haha

Just an FYI....AFA won't have any Aquasoil Amazonia until October which is when their next shipment arrives....if you're planning on getting a bag. I got one of their last two bags in store two days ago -_-

I was at AFA earlier this month they told me they will be running out soon and next shipment is oct. So i snagged 3 bags. Cant beleive theyre the only place to get amazonia.

There is more than just them, I've seen it at other places, ADA site gives lists of distributors.