Will shrimp breed in a tank of any size?

MABJ

The smallest tank I ever breed is 8L tank with 6L of water. It is a 100% plant covered tank with Neos; there are flame moss, mini taiwan moss and Marimo. The population overgrown the tank within a three of months and I have to upgrade them to a 20L tank.

Addition information for you: The water I used that time are bottle mineral water mixed with aged tap water. It is the easiest and most stable for such a puny tank. I was using inert substrate; don't go active substrate as it will leech stuffs that overload the tiny amount of water. To keep tiny tank successfully, you need a good filtration system, tiny water change daily or twice a week. The plant inside plays a major role as it will balance and stabilize the ecosystem.

Consider the population inside, it was not really that bad. Neo reproduce extremely fast.

If you starting such a small tank, I will suggest you start no more than 5 shrimps. I started with 10 to 15 shrimps and got 50+ within 3 months and I immediately have to upgrade the tank.

The smallest tank I ever breed is 8L tank with 6L of water. It is a 100% plant covered tank with Neos; there are flame moss, mini taiwan moss and Marimo. The population overgrown the tank within a three of months and I have to upgrade them to a 20L tank.

Addition information for you: The water I used that time are bottle mineral water mixed with aged tap water. It is the easiest and most stable for such a puny tank. I was using inert substrate; don't go active substrate as it will leech stuffs that overload the tiny amount of water. To keep tiny tank successfully, you need a good filtration system, tiny water change daily or twice a week. The plant inside plays a major role as it will balance and stabilize the ecosystem.

Thanks for your comments mate. I have kept nanos for a long time and I've learned some of those things the hard way.

I keep canisters on most of my tanks, and I have most of them loaded with moss and crypts.

I only use inerts like Seachem flourite, and I always use RO water.

I think my tiger shrimp are just hitting breeding age and will be breeding soon. I saw all my male shrimp dance last night.

We bred RCS in a half gallon flower vase on the kitchen counter with no filtration and weekly water changes. It can be a pain, but easily doable. Otherwise we had a substaintial quantity in a 2.5 gallon that had an internal fluval EBI filter minus the spraybar fitted into it. Stick with easier neos and you should be fine.

We bred RCS in a half gallon flower vase on the kitchen counter with no filtration and weekly water changes. It can be a pain, but easily doable. Otherwise we had a substaintial quantity in a 2.5 gallon that had an internal fluval EBI filter minus the spraybar fitted into it. Stick with easier neos and you should be fine.

Heh once you've been shrimping for a long time RCS don't do the trick any more :P.

I like blue shrimp, so I have 3 varieties of blues.

I think our choice for Red Cherries was as a litmus to see if it would actually function. I will say we lost a dozen before we perfected the location, lighting, and water change schedule. We just happened to have an insane colony that we could not get rid of extras, so we decided to try it. If it had been any other neo, they would have been the choice. We have crazy hard tap water (8.4 ph, TDS at 350+) so we just gave up fighting soft water tanks and went with neos that love it.

I have six lower grade CBS in a 2.5 gallon right now and two of them are berried. It is my main 48" long shrimp tank where

I want them to get berried, and so far, I have only found one SSS grade CBS that is berried. I would really like my TB's

to get busy......