New to Shrimp and Shrimp Spot

Art by Stef*

If it wasn't for forums like these, I would of gave up on shrimp long ago.

I view the information (and chit chat) as important as proper water parameters, and a learning experience that you do not find just by googling. 

When crisis do occur, it's good to have support and not to throw in the towel, start over and have fun!

Long Live The Shrimp!

:) Stef*

For sure, I have been on a learning and research binge for about 6 weeks now, taking in everything I can about Shrimp.

There are a lot of differences in opinions out there, but I try to take from the experts and people that have been at it for awhile

and that have successful tanks. Take the best and leave the rest.  lol

Yes, but with breeding anything, there are so many factors involved.

What works for one may not work for another. It's like on-the-job training.

Step one is keeping everything alive mainly in the conditions they were accustomed.

Then after they are acclimated, it's keeping them healthy for breeding.

Then it's easier for the young to adapt to your conditions and little fluctuations.

Then comes culling-what to cull, what quality your species is, etc.

It's good to research, but all the info that hits you at once can be mind boggling.

Hard sometimes to know what advice to take, and what to leave.

That's why these journals, especially first timers, are as valuable as proper parameters.

You can pin point exactly where something goes wrong, and may have time to correct it.

Start a journal!

:) Stef*

Good idea to keep a journal, I basically have been doing that on a calendar by my tank, but maybe

I will change that do a more detailed journal, so I don't repeat mistakes over and over again.

With my memory, that could be a good thing....... What were we talking about?........

now that's good read...... lol