Best F i l t e r s?

How big is the tank?

How much do you want to spend is the question. It can be as little as $20 or so for a sponge filter and air pump or a Hamburg Mattenfilter, to  upwards of $200 dollars for a canister filter. Then we can get into sumps both above the tank and under it.

There is no easy answer to that without knowing more about the tank and the stock.

How big is the tank?

Is it planted?

What plants do you have?

Type of substrate?

How deep is the substrate? ( Aprox? The substrate plays an important role in the overall the nitrification process )

What type of fish do you have?

How many?

Filtration is important and getting it right is not always easy.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, NickAus said:

How big is the tank?

How much do you want to spend is the question. It can be as little as $20 or so for a sponge filter and air pump or a Hamburg Mattenfilter, to  upwards of $200 dollars for a canister filter. Then we can get into sumps both above the tank and under it.

There is no easy answer to that without knowing more about the tank and the stock.

How big is the tank?  10 gallons

Is it planted?  yes

What plants do you have? SMall java fern, moss balls, anarchis, some bushy stem plant idk the name.

Type of substrate? black sand

How deep is the substrate? ( Aprox? The substrate plays an important role in the overall the nitrification process ) 1 inch

What type of fish do you have? guppies and jullii catfish

How many?  I think ten and the catfish, but only because there are babies I need to get rid of.

Filtration is important and getting it right is not always easy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 12:11 PM, ILikeAsianBooty said:

U gunna get alot of dif answers. I like the Eheim 2213, sun sun, and sponge filter with a canister combo. Theres also HMF which I havent actually got to use yet..

I can personally vouch for HMFs! I use them in my main breeding setup and they're amazing. Not to mention the added bonus of being able to watch the shrimp graze on the biofilm growing there :) 

Oh! And depending on the space behind the sponge, you can even treat it as an in-tank sump and fill the space with heaters, chiller pipes, more bags of biological media and purigen (what i use personally)