Shrimp salons??

So you know how they have those tiny toothless carp that are so popular in turkey Europe and some of the us where it's not banned.

Well maybe I should start a shrimp salon? These buggers aren't afraid of me and always come onto my hand now when I stick it in there, I put my hand in at first to take the plunge and dunk my camera, but then I realized. Shrimp are on my hand again!!!

post-90-0-86451800-1406401321_thumb.jpg

post-90-0-71039300-1406401327_thumb.jpg

post-90-0-51539500-1406401337_thumb.jpg

Even if it was a $10, 0000 shrimp I would put my hands in... I really couldent think of one reason it would be a bad thing...

You'd have an expensive toilet flush/morsel of dinner then.

And really? Not one thing? C'mon now.

If you just did some heavy cleaning, washed laundry or anything like that, a simple hand rinse will not remove all traces of soaps.

Soaps kill shrimp.

I have a routine of washing my hands with tap water or dish soap before doing shrimp stuff.  dish soap strips hands of oils, etc- and if I have to add gasoline or anything with chems on a day, I don't come near shrimp water with my hands.

My wife thinks I've overly cautious.  I think she's right, but I have my reasons. ;)

You never know what is on your hands, and better be safe than sorry. I have nets long tools and long turkey basters to get things out. If it is not part of their environment it does not need to be in there

I hate predicted I txt!!

Not to be gross but no matter how much you wash your hands there is small amounts of umm fecal matter and god knows what else under everyone's finger nails. I just don't think it's good practice imho.

To each his own. Personally I can only work so much with Tonga nets and scissors. I need to work with my hands to get anyhing right.

even when I worked at UPS everyone was wearing gloves, I couldn't handle the boxes and stack proper walls with gloves. Even though the scanner gave me bad blisters to where I would bleed I need my hands to be free.

In retrospect, I should be more careful with my own animals. I come into near-daily contact with deltamethrin, which is used to kill terrestrial invertebrates (aimed at ectoparasites of dogs, primarily). The warnings say to be careful not to get any traces into aquaria or onto amphibians. Whoops? I do wash my hands enough to constantly be flaking off bits of skin - wait, that probably is also a bad thing to be dropping into a tank.

I can't do anything requiring dexterity with gloves on, though. My fingers aren't sensitive enough, the gloves are extra slippery when wet (which of course they are because why else would I be wearing them), and they ALWAYS get caught on something, resulting in bits of latex getting ripped off and flying all over the place (and then I have to make sure I find and pick up all the pieces or my boss's dog will eat them).