How and when to transfer a berried shrimp?

Right know I'm in a process of changing tanks. I transfer 5 neos everyday to their new home. So far so good (at least one successful molt). But how and when do I transfer a berried shrimp (especially if it's a TB)? What is better to transfer when she just got berried or just before she's ready to release the eggs?

TIA!

• 5 weeks later...

I've definitely thought about this before. IMO the sooner the better. I transfer berried shrimp all the time with all my projects going on. When I notice a new berried shrimp which I want to transfer I just net her and drop her in to her new home. No drip acclimation is necessary because all my tanks have very similar parameters. I think it's important to place the mother shrimp in her new inviornment asap. The sooner this is done I think the new offspring have a better chance to acclimate and develop in the enviornment they will be born into. I've had way more success this way than waiting to transfer a berried shrimp.  I have also transferred shrimp from a tank with a low PH of 5.3 to a tank with a PH of 7. I havent had a loss yet. However, I think temps need to be close in order to transfer without acclimating. Just my 2 cents.

5 hours ago, mayphly said:

I've definitely thought about this before. IMO the sooner the better. I transfer berried shrimp all the time with all my projects going on. When I notice a new berried shrimp which I want to transfer I just net her and drop her in to her new home. No drip acclimation is necessary because all my tanks have very similar parameters. I think it's important to place the mother shrimp in her new inviornment asap. The sooner this is done I think the new offspring have a better chance to acclimate and develop in the enviornment they will be born into. I've had way more success this way than waiting to transfer a berried shrimp.  I have also transferred shrimp from a tank with a low PH of 5.3 to a tank with a PH of 7. I havent had a loss yet. However, I think temps need to be close in order to transfer without acclimating. Just my 2 cents.

I agree and have done the same. All of my bee tanks have almost identical water parameters.

4 hours ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

Hmmmm.... Perhaps I've been overly cautious.  I'll try what everyone recommends next time.

I don't recommend this to everyone, like I said I keep everything the same down to identical plants, wood, leaves and so on. When I do water changes I dont drip because I match the water. Shrimp can be touchy but I think some people make them out to be more delicate than they are. Shrimp are adaptable. Consistency is the key. You read some posts and people make shrimp keeping sound like its a lab experiment that has to be done in a contamination free environment in outer space. LOL

I noticed this thread was started a month ago but I'm going to add in case another person might search.  

I'm just talking painted fire cherry shrimp but I've moved dozens between tanks at different times during the eggs development and have only once had a first time mom drop about half of hers  (but you know the 1st timers do this sometimes anyways). I had a large population by that time though so I wasn't overly concerned- just treated them like any other and acclimated them to the slight temp change.

If it was another type that's known to be more sensitive, expensive, or you only have a few etc I'd most likely do anything I could to wait it out unless she was very freshly berried- I would lean towards right away or not at all.  

Thank you, everyone!

Interesting... Soothing, you are right: lots of opinions!

I transfered mine when they were about 3 weeks berried. I acclimated them even though now I have pretty much same conditions in almost every shrimp tank. They're doing fine and about week later released the babies. Now I'm waiting for the females start breeding again...