Let's Talk Pintos!

Lucky me.... 9 month into the project and this is what I got ...

I'm still not certain if this is a pinto, as red pintos are generally harder to get and these babies don't have very red appearence to me. However, I have not seen shrimps with multiple stripes on the back and not a pinto. Oh well, even if these turn out not to be pinto, they would be great candidates for the next breeding crew.

2014-07-25%2020.24.24_zpsoxfxdlhj.png

Is that f2 or f3 if i may ask? Looks like a pinto grade but i have no clue if theres even a grade system for it haha

I think low grade would be someyhing similar to that then more "bones" or lines throughout the body would be regulat grade then when they have markings on the head its higher grade....thats what me thinks lol

Lucky me.... 9 month into the project and this is what I got ...

I'm still not certain if this is a pinto, as red pintos are generally harder to get and these babies don't have very red appearence to me. However, I have not seen shrimps with multiple stripes on the back and not a pinto. Oh well, even if these turn out not to be pinto, they would be great candidates for the next breeding crew.

2014-07-25%2020.24.24_zpsoxfxdlhj.png

Nice development of zebra pattern. I have high hope for you it will turn out to be pinto. In term of color, how the color of your other shrimp in the same tank ? Good luck !

Hi Subtle Aquatics,

Your shrimp has a same color hue as the one Randy has. However your shrimp has a Macro Ten spot but his zebra pattern is nice.

Good luck to both

See the names and little descriptions of spots is what throws me off. I don't usually pay attention to them. Mark spot, tiger tooth, honimoru, etc etc. I like to grade my shrimp on the scale a-ssss or Tibee, tb, pinto it's just easier for now :)

Spotted head probably increase the value of a pinto by 100% ;-)

Nice development of zebra pattern. I have high hope for you it will turn out to be pinto. In term of color, how the color of your other shrimp in the same tank ? Good luck !

That's the thing.... there is no red shrimps in that tank. Just BKK extreme, BKK bars, pinto mischlings (f2 and f3, some really good looking). I don't know how come I get all red ones, not a single black one has the zebra stripes.

It could be that the black will fill in later?

Like cbs how sometimes there born with a maroon color or chocolate color but fills in once they get to adulthood.

That's good to know haha, wonder if I can find any more. If I have male and female in there I'll be pulling them to breed them in the internal breeder box next year. I'm excited

Evo,  I am trying to do the same thing as you I think. Wanting some blue/black pinto or if even possible red/blue or red/black. Skipped the whole trying to breed pintos and just bought some red and black pintos and are in a tank with mostly high grade blue bolts(mosty blue)

Spotted head probably increase the value of a pinto by 100% ;-)

That's the thing.... there is no red shrimps in that tank. Just BKK extreme, BKK bars, pinto mischlings (f2 and f3, some really good looking). I don't know how come I get all red ones, not a single black one has the zebra stripes.

I don't have it yet but i seen a red pinto came out of a group of all black tibee. Color a little more on red than the one you have. Either way it is going to enhance on your project anyway. Only 9 months i would be happy. My project going to be slower than what you guys have......

Evo, I am trying to do the same thing as you I think. Wanting some blue/black pinto or if even possible red/blue or red/black. Skipped the whole trying to breed pintos and just bought some red and black pintos and are in a tank with mostly high grade blue bolts(mosty blue)

Dude! You think you can snap a picture of the black/red pinto please? Id like to see their patterns hehe

"My project going to be slower than what you guys have......"

But perhaps more satisfying knowing that you did everything yourself?

I find that way i will learn more from it.

"My project going to be slower than what you guys have......"

But perhaps more satisfying knowing that you did everything yourself?

I agree!

I find that way i will learn more from it.

Yeah same too BUT..... it is sometimes easier to buy them just that they cost a whole lot =P but hey, why not have fun with experimenting and seeing where we can get with our own projects right? Who knows we may just come up with some new type of pinto or something else hehe