Hi! I just got my first ghost shrimp. Never raised them before. I only started off with one, will add more later. 

Before getting my shrimp, I tested the water and everything was perfect. Water temp is a constant 69, I have live plants in there too. 

My shrimp has been hiding out behind a rock all day! He has hardly moved, and isn't active at all. Is there something wrong? Is it just the shock? He's been in there for about 5 hours. Was swimming around right after I put him in. 

Please help!! Thanks!

It's a nano tank. He's the only critter in there. 

My water parameters:

ph: 7.8 constantly

temp: 69 constantly

chlorine/chloramines: 0

ammonia:0

I also have an air pump powered filter.

I acclimated him by floating the bag for about 5 mins an then drip acclimation. 

Well, for starters- let's put something over the filter inlet so that won't happen again. heh  Han sells stainless steel inlet covers so shrimp won't get sucked in, or you can use a sponge.

Sometimes they just need time to adapt as well.

How long has your tank been cycled?

The beneficial nitrifying bacteria colony will only grow to the size that will support the bioload. Shrimps have very little bioload, so you would only build a very tiny amount of nitrifying bacteria, and that amount of bacteria would not be enough to support even one fish.

I would recommend dosing ammonia (ammonium hydroxide or ammonium chloride) with no fish or shrimp (return the shrimp or keep in another tank/container and do occasional water changes, add airstone) in the tank (fishless). That way you can dose enough ammonia to grow a bacteria colony large enough to support a higher bioload/fishload.

EDIT: Oh, just saw it's a 2 gallon "tank"? I am personally not a fan of having fish in such small tanks (just not enough room). But regardless a little shrimp's bioload is much less than one fish's bioload.