WORMS?!

your always going to have worms, some of them are harmless and show that the tank is being overfed (feed less!!)

well that's what I can recall when I was looking into the worms some years ago.

if you feel like its an over load of worms, do a good siphon clean of your tank. then look at your dirty water in the bucket to see hundred of them swimming in the bucket, it will freak you out.

and if you should be worried?

well no about the worms cause they don't hurt the shrimp but the overfeeding might start to kill off your shrimp.

Brocknorman, 

Certainly, keep what you want and rid yourself of what you don't.  "Why not?"  It isn't easy to reset the tank.  Worms can be a sign of a healthy tank.  Worms and other volunteers can be very interesting.  Those are a couple of reasons for "why not".  If you are looking for a shrimpy utopia, the volunteers might not be welcome - I understand that.  I enjoy the worms, snails, and other critters that show up.  You can always put a fish or crayfish that you like in there to 'clean' it out.  Good luck.

Regards,

Chris

Just adding my two cents: It's definitely rhabdocoela, which are harmless. In my experience, they also don't reproduce nearly as rapidly as detritus worms. I have them in most of my tanks, but I've never seen more than one at a time.

Ahahahaha. Then my substrate is probably like 50% worms at this point, but at least my plants and shrimps are happy. :3

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, brocknorman said:

2b39e701fbd6b4ca76cbfe0efbbedcf7.jpg

What are these? Found them in my tank...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's just part of your plants stuck to the sponge.

11 minutes ago, brocknorman said:

Look near the bottom of the tank, you can see a whit worm. I was moving around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I still can't see. The white thing under your eyebrow reflection?

Nematodes?  http://www.theaquariumwiki.com/Nematode

Aquarists often first come across these harmless 'white worms' when they spot them in their hundreds massing on the sides of the aquarium in newly set up aquariums during the cycle process, when the aquarium is lacking in oxygen or if the tank is heated. They help to break down organic matter (mulm) and some fish like small gouramis are know to eat them.

• Some species are parasitic and live off fish, often appearing in the anus of the fish. But by far the majority are harmless.

Gouramis will quickly reduce the population of anything they can catch and fit in their mouths.  I very seriously doubt that they can eradicate the worms.  My experience is that when fish are removed, the 'pest' usually returns.  It is very hard to get rid of small organisms.  The bigger the organism, the more likely they came in on plants.  The smaller organisms come in transferred water, plants, gravel, or simply show up from a city water change.  These aren't absolutes and aren't the only ways to get volunteers. 

Good luck,

Chris