RO/DI

Merth

I know its been touched a million times but I'm feeling too pooped to look thru old threads. I'm getting tired of buying RO water in a nutshell. In order to keep my tank at 70 or lower my fan causes a ton of evaporation. Sometimes to the tune of 1/2 gal a day. I really need to invest in an RO unit. I dont need a huge one by any means but I do want something reliable and reasonably priced. Currently I am only using about 5-10 gal a week depending on if I am doing a wc or not. Let me hear those thoughts and ideas :)

I just recently bought one and while it's a large unit, it's semi mobile. I just have it flowing into a rubbermaid tote, with a frame built around it and hung the unit right on the tote. That way if I ever need to move it, just empty the water and pick it up and move it.

I bought an Aquasafe unit off ebay (cheaper than their site)

I have it set up with a spout for RO/DI (Aquarium), polishing filter goes to the ice maker, and another spout for reminerilized water (goes into a dispenser).

they have less expensive units if you don't want to use it for drinking as well...like just RO/DI (3 DI filters I think) and no storage tank.

• 2 weeks later...

They have adapters that hook up to below a sink and also some that attach to a hose fitting.  I have mine set up in my basement next to my washer dryer.  I have a splitter I bought at home depot that gives me 4 hose fittings each with their own on/off valve.  I have one hooked up to the washer, one hooked up to the RO, and one hooked up to a clear plastic tube I use to refill my tap water tanks.

I found a portable 100gpd unit at purewaterclub for $69. Got it in yesterday so havent had the chance to hook it up and test it out yet...cant wait for a day off to try it out :)