Half-bare-bottom tank setup

randy

back from the deal since the link was shared in another thread and i guess i missed this thread anyways.

Not sure I agree with that.. My sump and all my split tanks use acrylic dividers siliconed in place on glass tanks.

maybe its the technique i used to glue that works. i run a bead of silicon first where i want the acrylic then i place the piece in. then i also run a bead on each side of the acrylic.

so its like a C around the edge of each piece. never had any come loose or any issues that way. the ones in my sump are also taking a lot of pressure from the HMF sponge stuffed between the sections.

14411777221_a5e6e93102_b.jpg

Hi, do you mind if you share how are all the tank linked to the canister?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, do you mind if you share how are all the tank linked to the canister?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the canister is deceiving. its not actually connected to the tanks in the photo.  the 5 tanks in the photo are all connected to the sump below via DIY PVC overflow.

i'll explain how its all setup.

in each tank I made the split design, the split is 4" tall. there is an air powered UGF and dual sponge filter.

there is also a DIY PVC overflow pipe in each tank.  each tank has an individual drain pipe down to the sump.

the return pump from the sump goes straight up between the 1st and 2nd tank to the left where it "T's" and then there is a return pipe straight into each tank.

took a little tuning of the valves to slow down the GPH into each tank so the current wasnt overwhelming.  I added a T about 6" up from the sump return pump that splits off back into the refugium. this relieves some of the back pressure and allows the pump to work full power without any stress to the motor.

the pump is probably strong enough to put another row of tanks above the current row.

14198005552_842f888dca_b.jpg