fry everywhere and now I can't see them?

Doc4PC2

My low grade CBS has some fry a couple of days ago, and I could see the little

ones. There was about a dozen or so that I could see on the sides of the glass

and here and there. But now when I look today, I can only see one or two of

them?

Did they all die, or did they all find a good hiding spot somewhere that I just can't

find?

Water parameters are all good and unchanged from the time they were born to today.

Is there a survival rate on fry?

If water parameters are stable then they've probably hidden themselves pretty well since they tend to molt a bunch while they grow up. Usually they'll start running around the tank out in the open in a few weeks.

Thanks everyone. I do use  a baby supplement powder, and the tank has been setup for 5 months now, and the water

parameters are stable and steady. I use a dark blue background, that is solid. I never knew that even your background

can make a difference. Is there a certain background you should be using on your shrimp tanks?

Hopefully, they are all hiding. There is also three more CBS that are almost ready for the fry to be born. Any day now,

I would say. This tank will have a ton of fry if all three, have their fry this week, so I am watching it closely and monitoring

the water closely.

They usually hide after the first week and ayry coming ot more when there a month old. My shrimplets hide under or around the corner filter because there's alot of brown algae there and soft algae. Never on the moss or under wood.

Agree with subtle, they are pretty "silly" for the first day or two. Would actually stay in the open or whereever they are born and not knowing running for cover. And smarten up after a day or two, by the end of first week they will be pretty good in hiding.

Not sure if this is my imagination or not. If you can see them running around at age of 1-2 weeks, normally the baby survival rate will be very good. At least that's what I believe in after years of observation.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. I do use  a baby supplement powder, and the tank has been setup for 5 months now, and the water

parameters are stable and steady. I use a dark blue background, that is solid. I never knew that even your background

can make a difference. Is there a certain background you should be using on your shrimp tanks?

Hopefully, they are all hiding. There is also three more CBS that are almost ready for the fry to be born. Any day now,

I would say. This tank will have a ton of fry if all three, have their fry this week, so I am watching it closely and monitoring

the water closely.

I believe he meant background as in the genetics of the shrimp

I believe he meant background as in the genetics of the shrimp

Background does play a role in the colouration of the shrimps. Black is the best for red shrimp, blue next, white or light colours aren't as good.