Tank separator

Cut a proper size of 3mm glass to completely seal off the two sections as if they are two tanks. You can use those foam for HMF but shrimps can will will climb over to the other side on the foam.

This is not a bad idea but I would only do this if any accidental escapee won't cause a major issue. If you have PRL on one side and non-PRL on the other, that's something I won't do.

I think you are looking for something which does not take up room and just snaps in .  Amazon has the Penn-Plax tank divider but other places also carry it .

It is ideal for what you want . I have used it for endlers .

I think you are looking for something which does not take up room and just snaps in .  Amazon has the Penn-Plax tank divider but other places also carry it .

It is ideal for what you want . I have used it for endlers .

I don't think it would work.

the gap is too big for shrimplets.

U could use the divider and get some ss fry proof mesh sheet from Han to put over the divider.

I divided my 20g long into 3 compartments with glass dividers. I added a tiny bit at the top to stop jumpers from changing compartments

Cut a proper size of 3mm glass to completely seal off the two sections as if they are two tanks. You can use those foam for HMF but shrimps can will will climb over to the other side on the foam.

This is not a bad idea but I would only do this if any accidental escapee won't cause a major issue. If you have PRL on one side and non-PRL on the other, that's something I won't do.

I cut  thin piece of glass and lay it on top of the HMF where i have 1" of glass extending on both sides. I am using as filter at one end of tank . If i would use for tank divider i would not have Pureline on one side and non-pureline on the other. Just for peace of mind.

Couldn't you put a piece of plexi glass across the top of the foam like a T? I know shrimp can climb up but... I don't think they climb upside down on plexi glass.

It had been working good for me since gravity working against them which i have not seen any climbing over yet.

I like HMF to hide heater and extra area for bacteria to build on.