Post your pics!

Guest Merth

Thought I'd show everyone where the majority of my tanks are (I have one 2.5g in the living room and a 10g by my daughter's desk).

scan4zX.jpg

That's me at my desk working. The white boards are all the jobs I have to complete. The map on the wall above my computer is for the book I'm currently working on (when I find the time). And surrounding me are all my lovely tanks that I'd much rather be staring at. At least I have a place to look when my eyes get tired. :) The other person kind of cut off is my oldest daughter... her desk is very close to mine. I call this area my cave because it's where I go to hide so I can work. :ph34r: And yes, my desk is a little less messy at the moment.

Do you keep shrimp in all those little tanks?

The Bamboo in full fan, hanging out on the moss ball in the kids tank

post-22-0-69682900-1383688246_thumb.jpg

Do you keep shrimp in all those little tanks?

Not yet, Oblong. So far I have three shrimp tanks... the 2.5g in the living room, which has blue velvets, the 2.5g you see in the pic on the low table by my desk, which has yellow shrimp, and the Evolve4 on my desk, which as of yesterday has rili shrimp, pink ramshorns, & mystery snails. The fish bowl has blue ramshorn snails in it and the Evolve8 that is cut off at the edge houses my betta. The 10g (not shown) has white clouds, a couple of guppies, and cory habrosus. The jars are for growing out plant trimmings and/or hospital tanks.

I'm a freelance book editor, Soothing. I spend my hours correcting other people's writing. Occasionally, I get to write, too. I have a monthly column in an e-zine called Self-Publishers Monthly and I hope to finish my second book this year, but that's up in the air at the moment. Too busy. :P

Hey, stage scripts take a lot of work... it's hard to write a story in nothing but dialogue!

If only I could get the shrimp to act out those troublesome scenes... it would make it so much easier. Alas, they won't even line up for me so I can count them. Sigh.

Trying the gallery out....

DSC 3612

Berried chocolate cull

I know this is a horrible pic but i caught a berried rcs along with a berried chocolate cull. Hard to tell but the cull had a ton of red so was moved into the rcs tank. anxious to see what the babies look like. you can sorta see how dark the eggs are

Thanks Bryce...by the way with the berries being so dark, picture a dark chocolate bar, is that any indication in your experience of the babies? Ive had a few rcs with darker eggs but nowhere near this coloring.

Red Cherries are kinda funny.  Sometimes teh shells are clearish, and other times they can be any color of the rainbow.  Most times it doesn't give away teh color of the offspring though. 

On the other hand, the see through varieties such as rili, BV, etc tend to have much clearer shells and sometimes you can even judge how soon hatching is by what color you see on the eggs.

Oh ya I hear ya Ive seen many colors on the RCS. These are the chocolate culls which iirc were line bred from rcs. The eggs are almost black. Im gonna have to pull it to its on breeder box lol. I cant stand it.

Some of the Cherries, they love Replashy Shrimp Souffle

post-22-0-81506200-1384034975_thumb.jpg

and one of the big red girls...I have a blue led on, it really washes the red out...she is really bright

post-22-0-84008400-1384035002_thumb.jpg

LOL

the cherries don't care one way or the other, but the Bamboo likes to strut under the blue light