To Boost or not to Boost

So I finally got my RO/DI Unit set up on my sink and it working fine (by my standards, its my first time using one), however my PSI reading is at around 40-43 range and from everywhere on the internet, and even the manual, I am being told 65 is where I should be aiming for. Should I get a booster?

I don't really want to spend anymore money at the moment, but if getting a booster for it is really going to produce Ro/DI water quicker and make use of my membrane more efficiently I guess I'll bite my tongue and get it.

Wanted to ask you guys!

The one I am currently looking at is this guy http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/1-4-aquatec-8800-booster-pump-1.html if you guys think I should, would this be a good one to get? My RO/DI is rated at 100 GPD.

Where are you measuring the PSI?  Is it after the prefilters before the RO filter or is it before it enters your unit?  I ask because as your prefilters get old and clogged your PSI will decrease.  I would assume though since you just set it up it is probably a new unit right? 

If i remember correctly the high PSI for your water pressure makes it so you make more RO vs waste water.

So lets say you have a 1:5 gallon ratio now the higher water pressure will bring it down to say 1:3 gal.

So ya get one if you want to make more RO water quicker without wasting more water then needed.

Hmm alright. After testing the ro/di water I'm getting 0 TDS and it takes about an hour or so to fill a 5g bucket. Albeit slowish but not worth 80 bucks to increase speed by that much. Thanks for the info guys

-Duffy

My water pressure is extremely low in this house.  When I put it through the RO it takes about 3 hours for a 5g bucket, and winds up in the teens or low 20's after some use.  Not perfect, but I won't go back to regular tap.

Are you using di resin Soothing?